VP, Head of Systems Biology and Modeling, R&D
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced scientific leader for our Systems Biology and Modeling group within R&D at Tempus. This leader will guide our research and development efforts across systems biology teams to ultimately deliver state-of-the-art products for life sciences/biopharma companies and oncology providers.
The products developed in this group include patient-derived organoid models, which can be utilized for oncology drug discovery and development efforts including target identification and validation, biomarker discovery, and identifying a drug’s mechanism of action (MOA) or preclinical proof-of-concept (POC).
The Systems Biology group encompasses several teams, including modeling wet-lab and dry-lab teams. The scientific leader for Systems Biology will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies for patient-derived organoid models, managing a team of ~30 researchers, and overseeing all aspects of modeling and functional genomics research and development projects.
This leader should have strong technical skills and expertise, but be able to drive short and long-term deeper thinking and strategy. They should be strong communicators, able to lead teams and work with external groups such as biopharma leaders and oncology providers.
- Develop and implement scientific strategies and work plans for our systems biology and modeling teams, including identifying new methodologies and approaches for patient-derived organoids, validating and implementing organoid and functional genomic models, and managing and overseeing the teams to execute and deliver on the vision for the group.
- Manage a team of wet and dry-lab researchers and provide leadership, direction, and support to ensure that all R&D activities are conducted efficiently and effectively.
- Build and lead a team of talented scientists and research associates
- Work closely with other cross-functional teams across the R&D and broader Tempus organization (product engineering, operations, clinical genomics labs, medical, science, data science, etc) to integrate work plans and approaches
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment, promoting creativity, innovation, and scientific excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.