Senior Product Manager, Data Governance
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
As a Senior Product Manager, Data Governance at Tempus, you’ll be at the center of improving the data used by internal and external customers to improve patient care. In particular, the product leader for data de- identification will be responsible broadly for increasing regulatory compliance for Tempus datasets. These data are used both internally for development of models and diagnostics, and externally by Life Sciences partners and others. In this role, you will be a critical leader in developing one of the most novel and useful data assets in the AI and precision medicine space today.
You will develop a central data de-identification strategy focused on minimally necessary PHI data use, data auditability and usage monitoring, and lead cross functional initiatives to ensure that we not only have the largest, but also the most secure collection of data. The strategy you build will yield measurable improvements to the work being done by our data customers. And, it will inform the roadmap for infrastructure and documentation developed by our Real World Data team such that producers and consumers can more easily create, maintain, and analyze data. You’ll also partner with engineering leaders on inputs that inform the infrastructure and standards that will allow for increased data security and compliance.
What You'll Do:
- Immerse yourself in the tough problems we’re solving and partner with scientists, engineers, and designers to develop elegant software solutions to solve those problems
- Broadly lead our Data De-Identification programs, owning everything from the end-to-end data de-identification strategy to the roadmap for addressing critical third party reviews and attestation.
- Turn Voice of Customer feedback from our data customers into a high-impact strategy and plan for data usability improvements.
- Conduct deep product analysis and use the data to guide the short- and long-term roadmap for the Data de-identification engineering team.
- Own stakeholder communication and expectation management around roadmap and delivery timelines for your products, in particular to senior legal, application security and engineering operations stakeholders.
- Build the expert de-ID roadmap across Tempus data products
- Assess security risk posed by increased data use across sources and support rollout of mitigation initiatives.
- Enable overall data governance and lineage strategy that aligns with business goals
- 5+ years of technical experience in product management or in building software in the tech or healthcare industry
- Exceptional ability to build and drive product strategy cross-functionally, across teams whose roadmaps you manage directly and those you don’t
- Ability to manage several programs at once and work proactively to align multi-disciplinary stakeholders.
- A history of building and using product analytics to drive clear decisions
- Experience with software development and project management tools (JIRA, Trello, etc.)
- Ability and interest to quickly ramp up on new concepts in the fields of genomics, oncology, etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to act as translator among diverse teams of biologists, medical professionals, engineers, operators, and data scientists.
- Experience in complex data systems, data de-identification, data modeling, healthcare informatics and/or AI-driven data enrichment
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.