Senior Medical Science Liaison - Southwest
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a high-performing and experienced Sr. Medical Science Liaisons (MSL) to support the commercial, research and educational objectives of the company. We are seeking a field based Sr. MSL with strong clinical and scientific background in oncology, genomic testing and excellent communication skills to educate health care providers about Tempus offerings. This position will require approximately 50% travel, primarily within the assigned territory (Los Angeles and San Diego)
- Function as a Sales Team support and a regional expert with respect to Tempus oncology test offerings, promoting exchange of clinical/scientific/technical information with regional KOLs and other physicians in the field of oncology;
- Facilitate education of broad healthcare provider community (KOLs, community physicians, medical directors and other HCPs) regarding Tempus oncology products via in-person or webinar-based presentations. This will include proactive and reactive communication of validated scientific data;
- Collaborate with the Medical Affairs Team and other internal teams in identifying and managing investigator-initiated research studies, as well as abstract and publication planning/execution efforts;
- Identify opportunities to close education gaps of internal teams in collaboration with Learning & Development team;
- Attend conferences and other key meetings and provide comprehensive meeting synopses and summaries of high impact abstracts/posters/oral presentations;
- Continuously update internal stakeholders on relevant medical and scientific knowledge as well as proactively developing market intelligence on existing competitor products and products in development.
- Fundamental understanding of the field of molecular oncology and related patient management algorithms;
- Existing oncology KOL portfolio or oncology experience is required;
- Working knowledge of genomic laboratory developed testing (LDT); familiarity with CLIA-88’, CAP, Sunshine Act (2013);
- Public speaking skills and ability to effectively communicate relevant scientific topics and concepts;
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, strong inter- and intradepartmental management skills, ability to educate and train;
- Self-starter with an ownership mindset able to work and deliver on tight timelines;
- Ability to travel (50%);
Education and Experience
- Advanced scientific or medical degree (PhD, PharmD, MD, MSN, BSN)
- Basic understanding of oncology required; basic understanding of molecular testing strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of MSL experience in a diagnostics, biotech or pharmaceutical industries; 3+ years’ MSL experience strongly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.