Senior Associate, Site Contracts and Budgets
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus’ proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Provides support for site contract and budget activities for all assigned projects in accordance with applicable regulatory guidelines/requirements, Tempus Compass Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and project specific plans. Will be the point of contact with outside parties on contract and budget matters. Will work cross-functionally to ensure timely distribution of assigned contracts.
- Serve as the primary contact negotiator for all study related contract activities to meet the business objectives.
- Is responsible for negotiating, tracking, and finalizing the Confidentiality Agreements (CDA), Clinical Trial Agreements (CTA), budgets as well as amendments to these documents, as needed.
- Maintains tracking (CTMS) regarding site contracts and budgets and provides regular updates to the project team and client regarding status and efforts to ensure timelines are maintained.
- Proactively communicates updates on contract and budget status and workflow progress to Sr. Manager and other internal stakeholders and teams.
- Attends internal team meetings as necessary to report on status and to ensure alignment on the strategy of execution and risk management for completion of study budgets and contracts (and amendments) to meet study timelines and goals. Collaborates with Manager/Senior Manager, Regulatory Operations to ensure efficiency and appropriate prioritization of sites.
- Escalates any difficulties with negotiation, all site and Client concerns and any potential risks to the Sr. Manager, Site Contracts.
- Review contracts and other documents for completeness and accuracy.
- May support additional site start-up tasks, where necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May involve travel (rare).
Demonstration of Values:
Consistently strives to demonstrate the following values:
- Recognizes that the team is always stronger than the individual.
- Seeks to inspire others by demonstrating consistently strong performance.
- Treats people with respect regardless of role or point of view.
- Listens well and seek to understand before reacting.
- Provides candid, helpful and timely feedback to colleagues.
- Demonstrates curiosity about and contributes effectively to areas outside of their specialty.
- Keeps the bigger picture in mind when making decisions.
- Never stops learning.
- Questions assumptions and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Focuses on results rather than process and seeks to minimize complexity when process is required.
- Identifies and addresses root causes, not symptoms.
- Demonstrates poise in stressful situations.
- Strives to always do the right thing.
- Questions actions that are incongruent with Tempus Compass values.
- High school/secondary level education required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with budgeting and contracting process.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple competing and changing priorities within tight timelines.
- Able to proactively anticipate needs and follow through on all assigned tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and in Adobe Acrobat.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 or more years of previous related CRO or Pharma experience highly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.