Senior Analyst, Commercial Operations
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus’ proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Responsible for production of opportunities from receipt of RFP through execution of signed contract and Change Orders. This includes:
- Support of Request for Information (RFI) development in collaboration with stakeholders within the organization
- Evaluation and analysis of Request for Proposals (RFP) to assess Client needs and organizational strategy in relation to the proposed opportunity.
- Proposal development in collaboration with department stakeholders and Leadership team
- In collaboration with Internal Counsel, Finance and Leadership Team, negotiation and execution of Letters of Intent (LOI) or Start-up Agreements (SUA), based on Client/organizational need
- In collaboration with Internal Counsel, Finance and Leadership team, negotiation of executed contract for awarded opportunities.
- In collaboration with Project Management, Internal Counsel, Finance and Leadership team, negotiation of Change Orders (COs) for awarded opportunities.
Reports into Senior Director, Commercial Operations, Tempus Compass.
- Responsible for execution of process for proposal development with input from stakeholders involved to ensure seamless development of proposals for new opportunities.
- Responsible for execution of process for contract development and finalization with input from stakeholders involved to ensure seamless development and execution of contracts for awarded opportunities.
- Analyzes RFPs, RFIs, Change Notification Forms (CNFs) and COs to determine Client requirements.
- Works with operational teams and Business Development to prepare proposals and budget estimates to fulfill RFP requirements, ensuring that all aspects of the RFP are met.
- Works with the Client, Internal Counsel, Project Manager, Finance, Business Development and Leadership Team as needed to help produce a contract for each project.
- Works with the Client, Internal Counsel, Project Manager, Finance and Leadership Team as needed to help produce a Change Orders as needed for each project.
- Ensures that proposals, RFIs, contracts and COs are reviewed for quality and completeness.
- Identifies and implements process improvements within the department.
- Works with all members of the cross-functional team to assure a positive work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May involve travel.
Demonstration of Tempus Compass Values:
Consistently strives to demonstrate the following Tempus Compass values:
- Recognizes that the team is always stronger than the individual.
- Seeks to inspire others by demonstrating consistently strong performance.
- Treats people with respect regardless of role or point of view.
- Listens well and seek to understand before reacting.
- Provides candid, helpful and timely feedback to colleagues.
- Demonstrates curiosity about and contributes effectively to areas outside of their specialty.
- Keeps the bigger picture in mind when making decisions.
- Never stops learning.
- Questions assumptions and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Focuses on results rather than process and seeks to minimize complexity when process is required.
- Identifies and addresses root causes, not symptoms.
- Demonstrates poise in stressful situations.
- Strives to always do the right thing.
- Questions actions that are incongruent with Tempus Compass values.
- Minimum of four (4) years of demonstrated experience in proposals, budget, contract and/or change order development in a clinical research environment such as a CRO or pharmaceutical company, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of staff, including Leadership team, and with Clients
- Demonstrated ability to use high level of tact, diplomacy, and empathy/understanding in a dynamic environment across multiple cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to use a high level of independent judgment and discretion when handling sensitive and confidential matters.
- Ability to build strong relationships and liaise across department/functional areas.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent ability to perform multiple tasks and address competing priorities effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision while meeting deadlines.
- University/college degree from an appropriately accredited institution.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Oncology-focused CRO experience in proposals development and management
- Small to mid-size biotech-focused CRO experience in proposals development and management
- Strong and positive working relationship experience with Business Development team
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.