Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
About our teams:
At Tempus, products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
As the SOC Manager, you’ll play a critical role in fulfilling the mission of Tempus by helping ensure we provide secure and private precision medicine methodologies for our clients and their patients. You will drive the team to succeed with ticket triage, incident response, event correlation and automation, and other security activities.
- Assist in the triage, management, and execution of Tempus’ Incident Response Process
- Drive the creation and improvement of processes and procedures to effectively monitor, detect and mitigate threats
- Guide threat modeling based on current events to ensure Tempus’ security posture remains strong
- Develop incident triage and response playbooks and automation
- Utilize metrics continually improve SOC operations
- Work directly with MSSP to drive creation, escalation, and remediation of notable alerts and other SOC responsibilities
- 5+ years of experience working in a Security Operations Center including active participation in Incident Response
- 2+ years of managing a team focused on monitoring, detecting, and mitigating threats
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- In-depth understanding of incident response lifecycle, related processes, and frameworks (Cyber Kill Chain, MITRE ATT&CK)
- Stays calm, cool, and focused under pressure
- Knowledge of cyber security frameworks (ISO 27001, NIST 500-53, CIS Controls, PCI DSS)
- Relevant security certifications (such as: CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GREM, CEH, or others)
- Experience in SIEM technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and certifications
- Practical knowledge of Windows, LInux, or Mac systems
- Practical knowledge of networking technologies (TCP/IP, OSI layers, etc…)
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with cloud technologies such as AWS and GCP
- Proficiency in using APIs with automation to complete tasks
- Experience working with MSSP
- Previous experience with vendor management and coordinating vendor activities
- Experience with HIPAA and data compliance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.