Molecular Assay Research Scientist
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a highly skilled Research Scientist to join our Molecular Assay Development team. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of molecular biology techniques, as well as experience with next-generation sequencing (NGS) and bioinformatics. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing experiments using advanced molecular techniques, as well as working with multidisciplinary teams to generate datasets used to build new assay features and analysis algorithms.
- Develop and execute molecular protocols with a high degree of precision and attention to detail
- Support multidisciplinary teams through the generation of datasets used to build new assay features and analysis algorithms
- Generate detailed documentation of experimental execution
- Assist in troubleshooting and quality control initiatives
- Assist with development of automated processes
- Identify and implement improvements to existing processes
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree, or PhD in Molecular Biology or a related field + varying levels of experience in a molecular biology lab which include:
- B.S. and 5+ years of experience
- M.S. and 2+ years of experience
- Ph.D. and 0+ years of experience
- Strong understanding of molecular biology techniques
- Experience with next-generation sequencing (NGS) and bioinformatics
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Chance to make a real impact on the healthcare industry
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.