Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus’ proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
The Medical Coder is a Clinical Coding Subject Matter Expert (SME) for centralized medical coding processes and systems. The Medical Coder is the primary SME for both MedDRA and WHO Drug Dictionaries. The Medical Coder provides high quality consultation for the application of the dictionaries to Data Management study teams and leadership for clinical trial execution. The Medical Coder leads Coding vendors (as necessary) on process and dictionary management. The Medical Coder performs impact analyses and up versioning activities. The Medical Coder is responsible for Coding convention maintenance.
- Responsible for leadership and expertise for all Data Management coding cases including verbatim term assignment maintenance.
- Experience in being a liaison with sponsor counter parts on Coding conventions, specifications, and coding decision process.
- Responsible for quality control and quality assurance activities for all Clinical Coding activities.
- Lead the dictionary versioning activities for MedDRA and WHODrug.
- Lead the maintenance of the Tempus Coding Conventions
- Involvement in RAVE database build and Medidata Coder setup including UAT.
- Define key quality metrics with internal stakeholders.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Minimal travel may be required.
Demonstration of Tempus Compass Values:
Consistently strives to demonstrate the following values:
- Recognizes that the team is always stronger than the individual.
- Seeks to inspire others by demonstrating consistently strong performance.
- Treats people with respect regardless of role or point of view
- Listens well and seek to understand before reacting.
- Provides candid, helpful, and timely feedback to colleagues.
- Demonstrates curiosity about and contributes effectively to areas outside of their specialty.
- Keeps the bigger picture in mind when making decisions.
- Never stops learning.
- Questions assumptions and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Focuses on results rather than process and seeks to minimize complexity when process is required.
- Identifies and addresses root causes, not symptoms.
- Demonstrates poise in stressful situations.
- Strives to always do the right thing.
- Questions actions that are incongruent with Tempus values
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 5+ years’ experience
- MedDRA and WHODrug Coding Experience
- High Attention to detail for oncology clinical trials or oncology clinical experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple competing and changing priorities within tight timelines.
- Able to proactively anticipate needs and follow through on all assigned tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- MSSO Certification
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.