Manager, HCM Systems (Workday)
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
As the Workday HCM Manager, you'll take a lead role in implementing, launching and supporting Workday as Tempus’ HCM system. Collaborating closely with key leaders and business stakeholders, you will provide invaluable system capability insights, manage project deliverables, and deliver continuous improvement efforts aligned to support an innovative and fast growing AI-enabled precision medicine business.
- Leadership of HR systems and tools: Responsible for both driving and actively participating in the implementation of our new HCM system (Workday), and overseeing HRIS architecture and integration of ancillary HR systems and tools. Conduct regular audits and partner with COE Leads to anticipate future HR infrastructure needs, serving as a technical advisor in designing new systems or modifying existing ones to meet evolving requirements.
- Project Delivery: Serve as the primary point person responsible for launching Workday HCM in April 2024. Manage, prioritize, and deliver requests for WD Core HR, Compensation, Recruiting, Talent & Performance, Learning, US Payroll, Reporting & People Analytics, Data Migration, and Integrations while identifying dependencies, opportunities, risk, cost, timeline impacts. Assist with the creation of project plans and deliver within the designated deadlines while ensuring high-quality deliverables.
- Hands-On Workday Management: Exhibit hands-on expertise in various Workday modules, ensuring solutions are thoroughly documented, communicated, and tested before deployment.
- Problem Solving: Exhibit the ability to make intelligent risk assessments, navigate complex situations, and understand intricate problems (both technical and non-technical) to bring creative and smart solutions to the table. Ability to identify deviations from critical success paths and escalate appropriately through change management.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay ahead of current trends and market best practices, leading efforts towards process, tool, and methodology enhancements.
- Documentation & Change Management: Generate comprehensive internal documentation capturing system processes. Support change management activities through the creation of training materials, user guides, process maps, governance models, and other support resources.
- Cross Functional Work: Partner with leaders across the business to understand their usage of Workday, business and data needs, and increase accuracy and accessibility of data. Collaborate with the People Operations team to ensure accurate data, process efficiencies, reporting, and integration needs are addressed.
Experience & Skills:
- A minimum of 5+ years in HR Information Systems, with at least 3 years of experience as a Workday lead.
- Hands-on expertise in various Workday modules required; Workday certificates in Project Management, HCM, Recruiting, Compensation, or Integration are preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience required.
- Proven track record in successfully deploying and managing technical HR systems.
- Advanced knowledge of HR processes.
- Strong customer service orientation, excellent communication skills, and exceptional organizational abilities.
- Ability to make intelligent risk assessments, navigate through complex situations and understand complex problems and limitations (both technical and non-technical).
- Highly adaptable and flexible; able to navigate competing priorities, and work well under pressure.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.