Lab Quality Supervisor
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for a Lab Quality Supervisor, who will be responsible for maintaining CLIA/CAP/NYS-DOH/FDA compliance for our clinical lab.
What You’ll Do:
- Work within a cutting-edge lab workflow to provide quality control support in a high-volume clinical laboratory
- Oversee QC and Facilities teams by providing direction and mentorship, ensuring adequate staffing, and approving timecards
- Ensure equipment is properly maintained, documentation records for IQ/OQ/PQs are completed prior to use, PMs are completed, and Service Contracts are in place for capital instrumentation.
- Assist in troubleshooting of lab errors
- Serve as subject matter expert for laboratory quality processes, including during audits and inspections
- Oversee and approve QC documentation for quality processes within the clinical laboratory
- Coordinate with other teams to ensure new processes meet CLIA/CAP/NYS-DOH/FDA requirements
- Oversee and maintain QC trackers and databases for reagents and equipment assets
- Oversee Competency assessment creation and assist clinical lab in training development
- Monitor critical QC metrics and respond to trends and issues
- Update SOPs and records within the document control system, including creation/ revision/ review of internal SOPs and other quality documentation
- Interact with lab management and testing personnel to coordinate QC tasks
- Help facilitate and implement corrective and preventative actions
- Monitor and maintain temperature controlled storage to ensure samples and reagents are being stored properly.
- BS in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, biomedical engineering, physical or biological science and 4+ years of experience required; 7+ years of clinical experience preferred
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly
- Moderate experience with Microsoft Excel and/ or Google Sheets
- Experience in FDA regulated lab preferred
- Experience in CAP/CLIA regulated lab preferred
- Great communication (email & phone) and interpersonal abilities for external providers as well as internal customers
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.