Lab Ops - Asset Archivist
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
What you’ll do:
- Work in a cutting-edge clinical laboratory to support Tempus testing by being part of a cross-functional team
- Manage working queues in our Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for multiple lab teams
- Transportation, archival, and retrieval of multiple asset types and storage locations
- Identify, locate, and retrieve assets to fulfill project requests
- Assist with sample organization and tracking of all assets in Tempus tracking systems and ensure asset storage remains in compliance with CLIA/CAP guidelines, as well as complete necessary documentation when required for other governing bodies (NYS, OSHA, etc)
- Operate and maintain slide scanners for daily use
- Facilitate and maintain slide imaging workflow to meet internal and external deadlines
- Work collaboratively with other team members to meet project deadlines
- An awareness of, and focus on good laboratory practices - and applying them to task completion daily
- Complete other job-related duties as assigned
- High school degree or GED required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly growing environment
- Willingness to learn, and work collaboratively
- Comfortable with working in a laboratory setting
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.