Key Account Director
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Computer technology has had limited impact in healthcare. With recent advancements in AI,
that’s about to fundamentally change. Tempus is a healthcare company at the forefront of that change.
Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians. Our data empowers researchers to better characterize and understand disease, and to drive better outcomes through precise, individualized care.
We built Tempus to collect, structure, and organize data from disparate sources to power innovation and discovery. And now we are looking for a Key Account Director to join our rapidly growing Life Sciences team. This role will focus on creating and expanding our global client relationship with some of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical organizations.
We are seeking a Key Account Director to drive sales of Tempus RWD, AI, sequencing, and clinical trial solutions to major biopharma accounts with the goal of accelerating their research, clinical and/or commercial programs. Tempus services are used by more than 200 Biopharmas, including 18 of the top 20, to power their drug development programs. The Key Account Director will work cross-functionally with Tempus stakeholders to establish Tempus as the Precision Medicine Partner for their accounts.
- Proactively identify and close new sales opportunities within designated biopharma account(s).
- Meet and exceed bookings goals while delivering on established strategic objectives for specific customer accounts
- Develop a deep understanding of each account's unique needs and challenges and create a supporting Tempus strategy to address
- Develop and drive global account strategy in coordination with our scientific and business operations teams
- Build and maintain executive relationships & drive an executive engagement plan utilizing Tempus senior leadership team.
- Become an expert in the partner’s strategy, pipeline and portfolio to proactively determine all areas that the Tempus platform could be leveraged for advancing innovation
- Negotiate, secure and manage pull-through of contracts with assigned client accounts
- Lead a cross functional team of Product Specialists, Alliance Managers, Translational Researchers and Commercial Operations to deliver value for our customers.
- Partner with our customers to develop impactful case studies leveraging the Tempus platform to advance precision medicine
- Contribute to the development of the Life Sciences portfolio by providing feedback to Leadership regarding client responses and suggestions; maintain a solution-oriented mindset
- Track progress against defined strategic objectives and revenue goals; review progress/setbacks frequently with broader Account Team and Tempus Leadership
- Travel approximately 40% of working time, domestically and internationally
- Minimum 10+ years in Business Development and Sales in the Life Sciences sector as lead account and relationship manager (Pharma / Biotech)
- 5+ years working with companies who serviced Life Sciences companies in Research & Development and/or Real World Data
- Proven experience delivering consistent sales results within Biopharma accounts
- Entrepreneurial sales approach; thrives most in a high growth, rapidly evolving business environment
- Expert in influencing internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems and deliver results
- Deep understanding of the drug development life cycle and has relationships with key Biopharma industry stakeholders
- Proven ability to navigate multi-faceted client organizations with repeated success
- Exceptional account management and strategic selling skills, articulation of issues and an ability to navigate a wide range of stakeholders to solve problems
- Proven track record of establishing credibility as a trusted advisor with clients
- Experience negotiating and closing large and complex multi-year deals
- Strong understanding of molecular data and artificial intelligence in drug discovery
- Bachelor degree in a Science or Business discipline; Advanced degree (MBA, PhD or Healthcare certification) desired
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.