Associate Research Product Manager
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are seeking an Associate Research Product Manager, with an emphasis on supporting bioinformatics software products to join our Research Strategy and Operations team. This detail-oriented individual will work closely with the other Research Product Managers and bioinformatics-oriented software team to ensure that projects remain on track and the team is unblocked to deliver meaningful improvements to our clinical diagnostic pipeline. Our ideal candidate has a strong sense of urgency, communicates effectively, and is always on the lookout for ways to improve team processes. This is an exciting opportunity to support a team at the intersection of software and bioinformatics.
What you’ll do:
- Manage software projects for the group that builds and maintains the software for clinical diagnostics
- Manage and lead team scrum ceremonies and ticket grooming
- Ensure project documentation is complete, accurate, and up to date
- Understand and communicate cross team dependencies and downstream system requirements needed to unblock project milestones
- Identify and manage day-to-day project risks
- Act as the liaison between Users and the software team
- Support the intake and triage of user requests and production support
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in product or project management
- Understands software development life cycle methodologies
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in managing software projects for a clinical diagnostic company
- Can easily adapt to existing processes and team environment, but willing to support improvements to existing processes
- Experience using project management tools, such as Jira, Confluence, Coda, Trello, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.