Analyst, Research Client Operations
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus’ proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
The Research Client Management Operations team oversees the research sequencing projects and process improvement for Tempus’ Research Institution collaborations. The position supports the client teams responsible for managing relationships with external partner institutions & physicians as well internally with the Tempus’ Laboratory, Bioinformatics, Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams.
- Manage accurate, high-quality collateral to ensure extremely organized documentation across all projects, and proactively prepare external-facing documentation for client meetings.
- Support day to day operational activities, managing sample (biopsy) procurement, intake processes, and lab sequencing operations end to end for multiple projects at a time.
- Coordinate, in partnership with the Research Leads, to ensure sequencing samples are moving appropriately through the lab and flagging samples at risk by working cross-functionally.
- Own all triaging between internal teams about sample specimen requirement questions, missing Intake information, and impending delays in deliverables and reports.
- Support escalation and resolution of critical project related issues, closing the loop, and sharing lessons learned across the team.
- Coordinate with clinical trial sites, physicians, and clients to anticipate and complete requests in regards to sample procurement, lab sequencing operations, sequencing timelines, and all deliverables.
- Contribute ideas and expertise to internal initiatives to enhance product offerings across Tempus teams and improve efficiency.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Is highly organized and systematic with strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks across projects, clients, and internal Tempus teams.
- A self-starter with strong proactive communication skills, who likes to problem solve, especially in an ambiguous environment, and has confidence to ask key questions and isn’t afraid to step up to the plate.
- Willing to understand complex process workflows and think critically to find solutions.
- Commitment to the success of the team; brings a collaborative attitude and the ability to create strong relationships.
- Skillful at working both independently and in team settings and comfortable with a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated interest in the Healthcare industry, especially the ‘business’ side of science through prior professional or extracurricular experiences.
- Degrees in business, public health, science, or engineering.
- Prior work in industries (1+ year) related to management consulting, customer success, or a client-facing role in a healthcare technology company are highly preferred.
- Advanced skills in Google suite, Slack, Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Salesforce.com and Tableau experience is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.