Molecular Pathologist - Chicago
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before, but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. Here at Tempus, we believe that the treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the detection of unique biomarkers. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
What you’ll do
- Evaluate NGS sequencing results
- Conduct pathology review (H&E and IHC) for clinical and research specimens
- Participate in clinical report review and delivery
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team focused on answering key biological questions
- Work to maintain CLIA/CAP compliance
- MD with current medical license (IL licensure to be obtained prior to start date)
- Board certified/eligible in Molecular Genetic Pathology
- American Board of Pathology Certification in Anatomic and/or Clinical Pathology
- Clinical experience with next generation sequencing interpretation
- Knowledge and/or experience in oncology, cancer immunotherapy, medical immunology and clinical research, preferred
- Excellent managerial, organizational, reporting and communication skills
- Experience ensuring compliance of a clinical laboratory to regulatory standards
- Experience working in a regulated clinical laboratory environment (CLIA/CAP/NYSDOH/QSR)
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?