Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for talented Computational/Systems Biologists to join our team. In this role, the successful candidates will collaborate in a major strategic alliance with a world leading biopharmaceutical organization. As a Tempus employee you will have access to the world’s largest real-world patient clinical data set linked to genetics, transcriptomics and digital pathology. Utilizing Tempus’ data and platforms, you will deliver transformational impact across the entire drug R&D lifecycle for an extensive oncology portfolio.
What You’ll Do
- Partner in interdisciplinary teams with a major pharma client to design, develop and execute computational research leveraging the Tempus platform
- Deliver projects of high complexity to derive actionable insight advancing an innovative oncology drug pipeline
- Become an expert in leveraging Tempus’ epidemiological, clinical, ’omic and imaging data & tools to study the tumor microenvironment
- Collaborate with scientists, engineers, data science and product development teams at Tempus to develop best-in-class computational methods and tools
- Document, summarize and communicate highly technical results and methods clearly to non-technical audiences, and author peer reviewed manuscripts
- Drive continual improvement of the Tempus platform by communicating client feedback, staying ahead of research & industry trends, and championing new opportunities
- Education to PhD level, or to Masters level with two subsequent years of experience, combining
- Quantitative and computational skills e.g. Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Biomedical Informatics or Data Science
- Immunology, Molecular Biology, or Medical Science
- Extensive prior experience analyzing genomic data, including whole transcriptome sequencing, and single cell RNA sequencing
- Fluent with R or Python, and SQL
- Experienced communicating insights and presenting complex concepts to a diverse audience
- Strong understanding of cancer biology
- Experience in any of the following will also be beneficial:
- drug R&D
- large clinical datasets (EHR, claims data, clinical trials, patient registries, real-world medical data)
- extracting and cleaning large datasets
- network biology and causal inference
- spatial transcriptomics
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?