Process Documentation Specialist - Lab Automation
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Process Documentation Specialist to join our Laboratory Automation team. The Laboratory Automation team is responsible for the innovation, development, validation and implementation of new methodologies aimed at making our processes more robust and efficient.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and maintain laboratory process documentation in such a way that it will be useful across the organization
- Determine how best to model laboratory processes to best serve the organization generally
- Collaborate with various functional teams, including engineers, chemists and software developers
- Participate in discussions around laboratory process improvements based on insights coming from process models
- Function in a small, autonomous team collaborating on and implementing new processes and improvements to existing processes.
- Communicate clearly with laboratory staff and become familiar with protocols in order to fully understand the needs of the procedures
- Identify areas that are error-prone and research innovative approaches for practical prevention
- Must be excited about creating useful, robust and extensive process models, likely in the the form of flowcharts made in LucidChart
- Ability to fully leverage LucidChart or direct alternative
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or a related discipline
- Some experience in process engineering or a process engineering adjacent role
- Applicants should be organized, detailed and autonomous
- Applicants should have an interest in developing a broad range of technical skills and a willingness to engage in many varied projects
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.