Senior Software Engineer, Frameworks
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
About our teams:
At Tempus, products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
Within the Customer Systems Frameworks Team, we take a balanced approach of prioritizing some of the team on the top company objectives each quarter. We also focus on necessary upgrades, product support and release management for our suite of products. We keep configurability in mind and strive to create elegant solutions to complex problems. Our modern tech stack (React, ReactNative, NodeJS, Redis, Postgres, OpenSearch on GCP) allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation.
Why we’re looking for you:
- You've got several years of software development experience in creating robust and scalable APIs on the backend.
- You’ve stood up production systems and helped support and troubleshoot issues.
- You've used the technologies we use, such as: Node.js, React.js (or other modern frontend frameworks), HTML, CSS, SQL or another query language.
- You've worked in agile environments and are comfortable iterating quickly.
- You’re a self starter that will move past roadblocks and find the people or solutions to succeed.
- You enjoy collaborating with team members of varying skill sets and from different fields.
- You’re willing to mentor and help junior developers.
- You have a generally positive attitude and an inquisitive nature
- In Chicago or willing to relocate
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer OR a minimum of three years with an advanced degree
- 1+ year of experience with React
- 1+ year of experience with Postgres or MySQL
- Coding experience in TypeScript
- Hands on experience with Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, or Azure
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for:
- React Native
- Elasticsearch/ OpenSearch
- Prior exposure to Concourse, Jira, Confluence, GitHub
- Deep knowledge of test automation, CI/CD, DevOps, QA, or Scrum
- Experience in biotech, oncology, genomics, and precision medicine
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?