Director of Bioinformatics (Hereditary Disease)
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a highly motivated, bioinformatics leader with experience and interest in large-scale NGS algorithm/pipeline development and clinical testing development. This position requires experience leading and motivating teams of bioinformatics scientists as well as hand-on scientific programming, relational data systems, algorithms development, and statistical analysis. Top candidates will also have experience in bioinformatics development in an industrial or clinical/pharma setting.
- Lead a team of bioinformatics scientists focused on the development of germline genetic tests.
- Lead projects and motivate interdisciplinary teams of scientists and engineers.
- Collaborate with scientists, and clinicians to design and develop clinical sequencing tests in order to improve quality of care.
- Design and conduct analyses to improve the identification of genetic variant identification, analysis, and classification from next generation sequencing and clinical data.
- Develop/implement/validate scalable and high-quality analysis pipelines for clinical diagnostics products.
- Communicate with outside scientific teams as well as product and bioinformatics leadership.
- Coach, develop, and retain reports.
- PhD in Computational Biology, Quantitative Genetics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Genomics, Molecular Biology or related areas, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of professional experience, including a leadership role in the life sciences industry, preferably building bioinformatics pipelines for clinical tests.
- Computational skills using Python (strongly preferred), Java, C/C++ or other programming languages, databases (SQL), and big data analysis tools (e.g. Spark, BigQuery, etc,).
- Proficiency with tools and algorithms for the analysis of NGS data.
Ideal Candidates Will Possess
- Experience leading projects and teams of bioinformatics scientists or software engineers in a life sciences industry or clinical setting
- Experience in bioinformatics, computer science, quantitative genetics, and/or human genomics.
- Experience with analyzing and processing large-scale next-generation sequencing data.
- Demonstrated programming ability including best-practice coding processes.
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience.
- Experience in implementing and parallelizing pipelines in cloud computing environments.
- Proficient in utilizing large scale public or proprietary genomics and human genetics databases.
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams.
- Track record of publications in related areas is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?