Director, Test Engineering
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
The Tempus Test Engineering group focuses on orchestrating rapid feature development and release of high quality products that impact patient outcomes. We are looking for a Director of Test Engineering who is passionate about building a continuous testing culture by leveraging test automation, continuous integration and deployment frameworks that provides timely, critical feedback and enables high-quality, high-confidence and fast deliveries.
At Tempus, we are committed to eliminating toil and mitigating risk associated with fragmented testing processes, expensive manual testing and low-confidence releases and moving towards maturing test engineering practices by focusing on building resilient, high-quality automated tests across all systems.
What we are looking for in you:
- You are a strong people manager and are committed to your team’s professional growth and development while also making sure they are having fun along the way.
- You are experienced in building, leading and scaling test engineering teams through tried and tested organizational practices and can manage complexity as our technology landscape evolves and grows.
- You are proficient in leveraging a multi-dimensional approach to inform test strategy across tempus systems that includes engaging in our incident management process and deriving patterns and insights to prevent recurrence of incidents along with meaningful KPIs such as DORA Metrics to make data-driven decisions.
- You have a pulse on industry best practices around Test Engineering and strive to uplevel our testing culture by continuously maturing standards of operational excellence at Tempus.
What you will do:
- You will build and grow a team of passionate and talented test engineering professionals at Tempus.
- You will work closely with Tempus technology leadership to establish and mature testing, release and risk management practices across teams.
- You will collaborate closely with our product and technology leaders to strategize and plan short term and long term roadmap for the Test Engineering organization taking into account business priorities and risk.
- You will implement processes and leverage OKRs to ensure strong execution and accountability of planned objectives throughout the Test Engineering organization and communicate plans and progress to all stakeholders.
- You will participate in Technology team-wide events to showcase team accomplishments and advocating for exceptional testing practices and a quality-first culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in developing and testing software applications at scale.
- 5+ years of experience in managing and supervising individual contributors and managers alike.
- Experienced in testing microservices using CICD pipelines.
- Hands-on experience in commercial and open-source test automation frameworks and tools.
- Demonstrated in-depth experience in building and scaling Test Engineering teams.
- Familiar with AWS or GCP cloud providers, worked in hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
- Excellent communication and technical documentation skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?