Science Writer/Sr. Science Writer
Recent advancements in healthcare technology have made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus’ proprietary platform connects an entire healthcare technology ecosystem to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians. Our platform and data drive precise, individualized care, empower researchers to better characterize diseases and improve patient outcomes, and accelerate healthcare innovation and discovery.
We are seeking an independent and highly motivated Science Writer/Sr. Science Writer to join our Scientific Communications team and support our peer-reviewed publication strategy. This individual is a clear communicator, effective collaborator, and proactive problem solver that can drive and deliver results. This individual will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams of computational biologists, data scientists, pathologists, medical science liaisons, and/or research scientists to communicate important research and clinical insights via peer-reviewed manuscript and conference abstract/presentation submissions. This role will have the opportunity to work on projects with real-world data derived from our clinicogenomic database in the oncology field, as well as other disease areas (i.e., cardiology, neurology, infectious diseases).
- Lead the preparation of scientific/clinical manuscripts for publication in top-tier peer-reviewed journals.
- Draft, edit, and manage conference-related materials, including abstracts, posters, and slide presentations.
- Manage publication roadmaps and review processes including timelines for document generation, submission, revision, and completion.
- Collaborate with leads to ensure they adhere to Good Publication Practice (GPP) and the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) guidelines.
- Deposit publication-related data to external repositories as needed.
- Review drafted publication and/or publication-related marketing materials.
- Communicate and follow research publication guidelines and processes.
- Perform literature/reference searches and support the generation of other technical documentation as needed.
- Advanced degree in biomedical/life sciences, or a similar field with relevant scientific/clinical publication writing experience.
- Experience writing and submitting manuscripts, abstracts, and other technical documents to conferences and journals, along with a track record of success.
- Ability to interpret and summarize primary scientific literature for a range of audiences.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of next-generation DNA and RNA sequencing, clinical research concepts, computational biology, data science, and/or oncology.
- Familiarity with GPP and ICMJE guidelines.
- Experience with/knowledge of genomics, bioinformatics, and computational biology (machine learning, statistics, algorithms).
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Acrobat.
- Experience with/knowledge of genomic data types and repositories.
- Experience using google drive and Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Experience managing projects in a cross-functional setting.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?