Director, Laboratory Operations Quality
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Director, Laboratory Operations Quality who will be responsible for overseeing the activities of the laboratory operations quality team across all Tempus Labs clinical laboratories. This role will report to the VP, Clinical Laboratory Operations.
Full Time, hybrid role. Can be based at any of our lab locations: Chicago, Atlanta, or Raleigh-Durham.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee the Application Science team to provide support to all three of Tempus’ laboratories, including: scientific, technical, and application support for the clinical next-generation sequencing (NGS) laboratory, as well as assisting with troubleshooting and delivering exceptional technical support. The application science team also assists with diagnosing mechanical, hardware, software, and system failures
- Oversee the process for submission,classification, and executive reporting of laboratory incidents and non-conformances. Liaise with automation, process engineering, and training teams to develop systems and processes for corrective and preventive actions
- Executive oversight of the reagent and equipment quality control managers and their respective teams at all of Tempus’ laboratories, including: monitoring reagent findings/deviations and system deficiencies, review reagent acceptability criteria and probe lot validations, implement new equipment functionality, ensure compliance of equipment Performance Qualifications (PQs), Preventive Maintenance (PM), and routine maintenance for all clinically approved molecular laboratory equipment
- Provide executive updates on application support key metrics, and recommendations regarding assay and equipment performance
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in molecular techniques required, including experience in a clinical laboratory, preferably CAP/NYS accredited
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?