Associate Director of Medical Affairs, Pharma Sequencing
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
We are looking for an experienced Associate Director / Director of Medical Affairs to support the commercial growth objectives of the Life Science Research business development segment of the company. We are seeking a medical affairs professional in oncology with experience in both therapeutics and diagnostics, and with excellent communication skills to educate internal and external stakeholders on the application of Tempus NGS and Multi Omics offerings to pharmaceutical development programs, including Companion Diagnostic development. This position will report to the SVP, Medical Affairs.
The position requires up to 30-40% travel.
- Provide the Life Science Research Business Development Team with strategic and tactical medical support and education with the objectives of incorporating Tempus oncology tissue NGS, liquid biopsy (ctDNA) and multi omics test offerings into pharmaceutical drug trials.
- Define opportunities for pharma customer engagements based on anticipated NGS and multi omics testing needs for clinical trials in each major cancer type (e.g., lung, breast, colorectal, pancreatic, and prostate cancer)
- Provide clinical and scientific perspectives in pharmaceutical client engagement meetings, providing medical presentations when needed in support of Tempus tests
- Network with key pharmaceutical clinical development, translational science, medical affairs, and business development professionals working on oncology pipeline / development strategies
- Support profiling and analyses of pharmaceutical company pipelines along with key scientific trends in molecular diagnostics influencing drug development programs
- Provide pre-deal support in meetings with pharmaceutical companies and academic researchers
- Identify opportunities to close education gaps of internal pharma business development and account management teams
- Collaborate with the Medical Affairs Field Team in engaging with academic KOLs and cooperative groups to support pharmaceutical business development objectives in oncology
- Attend oncology clinical and scientific conferences to engage potential pharmaceutical clients and to support the Medical Affairs team’s coverage of high impact abstracts/posters/oral presentations
- Fundamental understanding of the field of molecular oncology and related clinical patient management diagnostic algorithms
- Extensive working knowledge of phase I-IV oncology drug development programs and processes
- Experience in working with academic oncology KOLs and working knowledge of oncology cooperative study groups
- Public speaking skills and ability to effectively communicate relevant scientific topics and concepts
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, strong inter- and intradepartmental management skills, ability to educate and train
- Strong business acumen with ability to define strategies and manage operational plans to achieve strategic business objectives
- Self-starter with an ownership mindset able to work and deliver on tight timelines
- Must reside within the US with easy access to a major airport (preference will be given for Chicago, SF Bay Area, New York); Ability to travel up to 30-40%
Education and Required Experience
- Advanced scientific or medical degree (PhD, PharmD, MD)
- Understanding of oncology and molecular diagnostic testing
- 5+ years of oncology pharmaceutical company experience in medical affairs, clinical development, or translational science.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?