Pathology Lab Coordinator Supervisor
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for a Pathology Lab Supervisor who will be responsible for overseeing day to day management of the clinical pathology team.
What You’ll Do
- Operational management of the pathology coordinator team, including staff scheduling, prioritizing workflows, quality and compliance oversight, and managing the needs of a growing lab
- Hiring, training, annual reviews, recognition, coaching, and corrective action for the pathology coordinator team
- New and existing pathology coordinator training and proficiency testing
- Audit LIMS reports daily to ensure all samples are processed in an appropriate time frame and with a high degree of accuracy
- Equipment operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and appropriate documentation of activities
- Identify and document occurrences that deviate from defined procedures
- Investigate and resolve all incident reports
- Develop and maintain path lab processes and workflows as needed by the lab
- Maintain clinical skills and competencies to assist the pathology lab coordinator team as needed
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail, and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated problem-resolution and decision-making skills for operational and technical problems
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years experience working in a path lab required
- Proven ability to communicate well across teams and functions
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?