Third Shift, Molecular Lab Supervisor (Wednesday-Saturday, 9:30pm-8:00am)
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking to build a laboratory operations team who are passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques to processing and creating and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data. You will collaborate with product, research, and business development teams to develop the most advanced sequencing platform in cancer care.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide daily oversight of a cutting-edge molecular workflow to provide high-quality next-generation sequencing data with rapid turnaround times, including genomic and transcriptomic sequencing.
- Complete quality review of samples within the NGS workflow from extraction to sequencing.
- Maintain CLIA and CAP compliance regarding equipment, reagents, and staff training.
- Maintain stringent standards for quality, identifying any issues which might adversely impact the quality of test results and/or employee safety, and presenting these to the appropriate management representatives as necessary for resolution.
- Balance turnaround time while optimizing costs of sequencing workflow.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Be willing to flex working days/hours to support continuous lab operations
- MS in the Biological sciences with at least three years of experience or BS in the biological sciences with at least five years of experience
- Must have experience working in a molecular lab; prefer experience with next-generation sequencing
- Experience training others on the use of molecular techniques used throughout the NGS process, including the use of liquid handlers and NovaSeq platforms.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of patient related materials in compliance with HIPAA requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with others to plan and carry out scientific programs
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
- Strong desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?