(Senior) Research Product Manager - Molecular Algorithms
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
As a Research Product Manager - Molecular Algorithms at Tempus, you’ll be on the front lines of our battle to develop and deliver cutting-edge, modern technology into the hands of clinicians. The clinical assays we are developing are the culmination of input from scientists, clinicians, pathologists, engineers, data scientists, and some of the top academic oncology centers in the world. We’re expanding the team of research product managers who bring those inputs together to design, scope, and build solutions to some of the toughest problems in cancer care.
- Manage a cross functional team of scientists, engineers, and others to drive the planning, design, and development builds to support algorithms that facilitate clinical decision support on top of our core next generation sequencing (NGS) assays
- Partner with leadership to develop project plans and set targets as part of quarterly and annual planning; be accountable for achieving those targets as listed on the Research Roadmap
- Develop deep understanding behind the strategy and use cases of the algorithms being developed; inform design decisions to be coherent with that strategy
- Partner with other teams involved in the end-to-end assay launch and maintenance processes, including Clinical Ops, Clinical Lab, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, Medical, Business Stakeholders, etc.
- Work with developers, scientists, and operations teams to coordinate and deliver product releases that are stable in production and satisfy scalability, reliability, and performance goals
- Cultivate and drive improvements to the Tempus assay development process
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues and translate them into concrete action plans
- Bias towards action; must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible and resilient with the ability to execute on rapidly changing business priorities
- Ability to spin up quickly on topics in Precision Medicine, Genomics, and AI
- Minimum 3+ years of operating or product experience including leading projects and a track record of exceeding KPIs or 3+ years of management consulting or other team-based client-facing experience
- Previous work as a Project/Program lead for multiple high-level initiatives in Healthcare or AI fields
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science or Business discipline; Advanced degree (MD, PhD, or Healthcare certification) desired
- Preferably 1+ year working in or with diagnostics, biopharma, and/or healthcare
- Preferably experience utilizing database and collaborative project management software (e.g., Coda.io, Confluence, JAMA)
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?