Engineering Lead, Test Engineering (Customer Systems)
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for Quality Assurance Engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing health care into the 21st century. As an Engineering Lead - Quality, you will play a critical role in fulfilling the mission of Tempus by providing secure and high-quality insights for our clients, patients, and partners. Patient care, data quality, and innovative science are foundational principles that require creativity and pragmatism.
The Tempus Engineering Customer Systems group focuses on customer-facing systems that supply valuable information to Physicians to make informed clinical decisions. This includes dashboards that allow a physician to understand where their order is in the pipeline and when we expect it to be complete, reports describing the outcomes of their orders, a complex notification system, smart ordering, and an AI-powered speech-to-search product. Join us in helping to scale the infrastructure and products that enable these solutions that serve our patients, physicians, and partners.
What You Will Do:
- You will function as a people manager and directly lead a pod of Quality Engineers. This includes supporting their professional growth and development.
- You will be responsible for participating in Performance Reviews and play a big role in career progression for your existing team while also growing the team and ensuring a high bar when interviewing candidates.
Elevate Tempus Quality Engineering:
- Responsible for test automation plans, test data management, development and execution of test strategy for systems under your purview.
- Engaging with development and product team counterparts in ensuring sound testing practices are followed.
- Using a multi-dimensional approach to inform test strategy that includes engaging in our incident management process and deriving patterns and action items to prevent recurrence of incidents, DORA metrics, assessing risk to business outcomes to drive prioritization.
- Engage with Quality Engineering teams across Tempus to drive standards of excellence.
- Continuously bring industry best practices and strive to uplevel the Quality Engineering Organization at large.
- Continuously improving and innovating existing tools, processes and frameworks to support Tempus’s rapidly evolving technology landscape.
- Participating in Technology team-wide events to showcase team accomplishments and always advocate for great testing practices and a quality-first culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?