Medical Director, Oncology Studies
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Medical Director, Oncology Studies, to join the medical science team at Tempus. This person will be responsible for serving as the medical director of high priority observational and interventional studies within Oncology. As medical director you will be the primary clinical expert overseeing study design, protocol development, and study execution in collaboration with multidisciplinary cross-functional team while representing Tempus and the study externally to biopharma collaborators and clinical researchers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a medical director for select Tempus Oncology Studies to advance the business initiatives of Tempus Studies
- Oversee and lead the design and conduct of all stages of select studies
- Provide and source expert medical opinion to guide study design and protocol developments across a variety of indications and treatment paradigms
- Lead multidisciplinary teams of trial operations and development experts to execute on key study partnerships in line with appropriate timelines and milestones while providing medical and regulatory expertise as needed
- Represent Tempus Studies externally to launch studies and lead SIVs, scientific advisory boards, steering committees, and other academic and industry collaborations
- MD degree with Oncology expertise
- 2+ years of clinical research experience whether in a clinical research organization, biotech/biopharma company, or as a primary investigator academic research setting
- Previous experience leading teams of trial development and operations personnel
- Experience with site engagement and operations in clinical research settings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Board certification or eligibility in Oncology
- Knowledge of clinical research and clinical trial design
- Familiarity with Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and regulatory interactions
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?