Director of RWE (Real World Evidence)
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are seeking an expert in real-world healthcare data to join our pharma-facing RWD analytics team. Our team partners with scientists at biotechs and pharma companies who are using our real-world clinical data to understand treatment patterns and study outcomes.
As the Director of RWE (Real World Evidence), you will lead our team, building out a methodological framework for using Tempus real-world data to answer questions like when and to whom cancer therapies are actually prescribed, what outcomes patients experience after taking those therapies, what biases or confounders are present in our data, and how Tempus data can inform a company’s strategy around label expansion, clinical trial design, and more. This expert will work both with external client RWE and HEOR scientists, educating them on the value of Tempus data and guiding their research on our data, as well as collaborating closely with internal data scientists, analysts, and data producers to improve our real-world data and analytics offerings.
Strong candidates will have prior experience working in the healthcare industry, either in an RWE or epidemiology role at a pharmaceutical company or in a similar capacity as a consultant or domain expert. The ideal candidate will also have technical experience such that they can collaborate on analysis code (in R or python) alongside Tempus data scientists and analysts.
- Design and perform clinical utility studies in Tempus real-world data on behalf of pharma clients
- Provide methods guidance for our clients in how to incorporate Tempus data from clinical progress notes, EHRs, genomic sequencing, and imaging data in addressing key aims
- Ensure appropriate outcomes endpoints are integrated into Tempus studies
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including Medical, Alliance Management, Data Science and Biostatistics
- Mentor more junior members of the RWD Analytics team
Suggested Qualifications (feel encouraged to apply even if not all are met):
- PhD (or equivalent experience) in epidemiology, statistics, or related field
- 5+ years of industry experience analyzing real-world healthcare data
- 5+ years of experience managing people or teams
- Experience working with datasets in oncology or pharmaceuticals
- Strong computational skills, preferably with fluency in Python or R
- Track record of peer-reviewed publications in well-respected journals; especially in those where you played a driving role
- Excellent communication via speech, text, and graphics
- Strategic thinker and implementer
- A sense of humility and an eagerness to contribute to a supportive, interdisciplinary team
- An interest in being in a client-facing role (extensive travel is not required)
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?