Laboratory Operations Associate
Research Triangle Park, Durham, NC, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 7, 2022
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with sample movement and tracking throughout the laboratory
- Manage working queues in our Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for multiple lab teams
- Assist with sample gathering and consolidation for project requests
- Track and manage sample storage
- Perform routine workflows without specific guidance
- Work collaboratively with other members of the lab team to meet sample turnaround times
- Work to maintain CLIA/CAP compliance through documentation assistance
- Approach work with safety and diligence and follow safety requirements of the laboratory
- Maintain lab cleanliness, i.e. cleaning floors, cleaning labware, disposing of biohazard
- General lab maintenance and upkeep
- High School degree or GED required
- 0-2 years clinical laboratory experience
- Knowledge of CAP regulations
- Experience with laboratory SOPs and protocols
- Comfort with laboratory safety and training
- Demonstrates problem solving skills in the laboratory
- Good communication and organization skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Tempus
Something looks off?