St. Louis, MO, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
The Summersalt Design team is seeking an Associate Designer to help with the Apparel Category with a focus on Dresses and Separates. The ideal candidate will have a balance of organizational skills, attention to detail, and creative thinking. A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and ensure that our processes are organized and administered effectively.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Support the Design Director and Senior Designer of apparel, and work closely with the existing team to bring ideas to life.
- Flat sketching using Adobe Illustrator, following Summersalt sketch standards.
- Maintain flat sketch library.
- Linesheet creation and maintenance.
- Create and maintain tech packs in PLM.
- Initiate lab dips and strike-offs through PLM.
- Maintain development tracking chart.
- Coordinate meetings and initiate calendar invites.
- Organize the sample rack for presentations and design pass-offs.
- Coordinate the movement of samples by sending, receiving, tracking, and distributing packages.
- Maintain the submit library and fabric/trim approval board.
- Take detailed notes during fittings and design pass-offs.
- Communicate updates to cross-functional partners including Product Development, Technical Design, and Marketing.
- Stay up to date with current trends, innovations, fabric, and technologies.
- The person in this role will eventually work towards owning a portion of the collection while simultaneously supporting the rest of the team.
- 2-4 years of experience.
- Bachelors’ degree in fashion related field.
- Must have an understanding of garment construction and fit.
- Strong computer skills with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- PLM experience
- Organized, creative thinker with an acute eye for detail.
- Passion for sustainable fashion.
- We’re masters of prioritization. You can pivot and shift priorities with complete flexibility. Regardless of when distractions arise, your time management and resource planning skills keep everything running smoothly.
- We’re collaborative: You champion diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. You believe that the greatest success comes from a collaborative team effort.
- We’re communicative—even when it’s hard. You’re direct and considerate in an effort to achieve the best possible outcome. Your feedback is always intentional, constructive, and to move the business forward.
- We streamline efficiency: You have a passion for automation and improving efficiency whenever there’s an opportunity.
- We move at warp speed: You quickly absorb new information, skills, and responsibilities. Learning (really) fast and embracing unpredictability is a must.
Summersalt is a generation-defining apparel brand, providing wardrobe essentials for women who are going places. Summersalt launched in 2017 with swimwear made from recycled materials at a $95 price point — designer quality swimwear without the designer price tag. Since then, we’ve launched additional categories including loungewear, knitwear, sleepwear and activewear. Summersalt pieces are modern, sophisticated and fun, with an impeccable data-backed fit based on millions of measurements from over 10,000 women. In the few short years since our founding, Summersalt has built a loyal following of customers, influencers and celebrities, while garnering praise from leading fashion media including ELLE, Vogue and People.
This role is a unique opportunity to join a well-funded, close-knit team that is redefining the apparel and swimwear categories and at the forefront of e-commerce, design and brand innovation. Sustainability, inclusivity and diversity are core tenants of the brand, and we work hard to inspire joy through our products and every interaction with the customer. If you want to be a part of a diverse, hardworking and fast-paced team filled with motivated and thoughtful people, please consider applying.
Summersalt champions diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. Summersalt is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We hire the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, parental status, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are committed to fostering diversity across our organization. Please note that candidates will be asked to consent to a pre-employment background check. This will be conducted to ensure compliance with company policies and industry standards.