Product Manager (Data)
St. Louis, MO, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
Summersalt is looking for a Data Product Manager who will oversee the development and implementation of a variety of data products. The role will serve as the connection between the Data Team and multiple internal business units to ensure that data products are clearly designed, prioritized, and executed to align with the company’s overall goals. An ideal candidate would be capable of dissecting complex data systems to support business objectives while effectively working with cross-functional teams.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- Subject matter expert on how data flows upstream and downstream at Summersalt. This would include data related to product development, merchandising, finance, marketing.
- Collaborate with internal business units and external vendors to design data products that effectively move data through multiple product lifecycle, logistics, and marketing platforms.
- Work with Data Team members on advanced analytics and data science projects to deepen our understanding of our products and customers.
- Own the company data product management, from organizing project tasks to delivering data products and ensuring their adoption.
- Act as a liaison between technical and non-technical teams to reach mutually satisfactory solutions.
- Document processes, flows, and data products for better understanding throughout the organization.
- Stay on top of modern data technologies and trends, with a passion to implement applicable strategies to our teams.
- 4+ years of experience in product management, data science, data engineering, or other similar field.
- Expertise in project management and ERD development tools (JIRA, Asana, Lucidchart).
- Technical experience with SQL.
- Experience working with APIs.
- Knowledge of data warehousing and cloud platforms (GCP, AWS).
- Familiarity with a modern data stack (tools include Snowplow, Airflow, dbt, Stitch, Fivetran).
- Experience working with e-commerce data is a plus.
- We’re collaborative: You champion diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. You believe that the greatest success comes from a collaborative team effort.
- We take ownership. You take tremendous pride in your work. You are undeterred, disciplined, and accountable when it comes to delivering on the needs of teammates and customers. You know that success is not an accident.
- We move at warp speed: You quickly absorb new information, skills, and responsibilities. Learning (really) fast and embracing unpredictability is a must.
Summersalt is a generation-defining apparel brand, providing wardrobe essentials for women who are going places. Summersalt launched in 2017 with swimwear made from recycled materials at a $95 price point — designer quality swimwear without the designer price tag. Since then, we’ve launched additional categories including loungewear, knitwear, sleepwear and activewear. Summersalt pieces are modern, sophisticated and fun, with an impeccable data-backed fit based on millions of measurements from over 10,000 women. In the few short years since our founding, Summersalt has built a loyal following of customers, influencers and celebrities, while garnering praise from leading fashion media including ELLE, Vogue and People.
This role is a unique opportunity to join a well-funded, close-knit team that is redefining the apparel and swimwear categories and at the forefront of e-commerce, design and brand innovation. Sustainability, inclusivity and diversity are core tenants of the brand, and we work hard to inspire joy through our products and every interaction with the customer. If you want to be a part of a diverse, hardworking and fast-paced team filled with motivated and thoughtful people, please consider applying.
Summersalt champions diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. Summersalt is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We hire the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, parental status, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are committed to fostering diversity across our organization.