Assistant Manager (Myrtle Beach, SC)
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
Summersalt is looking for an Assistant Manager to our retail team at the North Myrtle Beach Tanger Outlets! This individual will play an essential role collaborating with the Store Manager to drive revenue and assist with daily tasks that help create a seamless customer in-store experience. The Assistant Manager will support the Store Manager in cultivating a high performing team that meets or exceeds goals, while acting as a brand ambassador by bringing a welcoming energy to the sales floor each day. A successful candidate will have a passion for Summersalt’s mission and strive to create a community of inclusion.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Support strategies and processes using a customer centric mindset to deliver results, drive store sales, and maximize efficiencies and productivity
- Deliver outstanding customer service and create relationships with every guest to promote excitement about our culture, product, and community.
- Assist with improving team performance through teaching, coaching and providing meaningful feedback to build capabilities.
- Ensure merchandise is well organized and assists with store sets, window displays, signage, visual merchandising changes, etc.
- Assist with operational tasks as assigned including: shipment, stockroom organization, order fulfillment, and inventory management.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships that support a productive and inclusive work environment.
- Communicate client feedback and product & business trends to the Store Manager.
- Support talent acquisition efforts with regard to onboarding and training new associates.
- Ensure the team is always on track to make their goals and exceed customer expectations
- Own the selling floor and ensure that the right people are in the right place at the right time.
- Be ready to step in for another manager as needed.
- Regular attendance is essential to this position to ensure adequate coverage to meet company objectives
- Store Location: Tanger Outlets North Myrtle Beach - 10843 Kings Road, Suite 625 Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
- 2+ years experience in retail sales or customer service experience required
- Experience in the fashion/apparel industry preferred.
- Experience in training and directing others.
- Ability to take initiative in making decisions.
- Extremely dependable and always punctual.
- Customer-centric and ability to understand the importance of creating exceptional customer experiences.
- Possess the technological aptitude to navigate, coach and train computer POS/iPad/handheld systems
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the business including opening/closing shifts as well as weekends and holidays
- Must be over the age of 18
- Comfortable climbing ladders, moving around regularly, and standing for extended periods of time
- Able to bend, reach, stretch for product as well as lift, carry, and move at least 40 lbs
- Have open availability of 40 hours per week.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- We’re collaborative: You champion diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and opinions. You believe that the greatest success comes from a collaborative team effort.
- We’re communicative—even when it’s hard. You’re direct and considerate in an effort to achieve the best possible outcome. Your feedback is always intentional, constructive, and to move the business forward.
- We take ownership. You take tremendous pride in your work. You are undeterred, disciplined, and accountable when it comes to delivering on the needs of teammates and customers. You know that success is not an accident.
- We move at warp speed: You quickly absorb new information, skills, and responsibilities. Learning (really) fast and embracing unpredictability is a must
Summersalt is a generation-defining apparel brand, providing wardrobe essentials for women who are going places. Summersalt launched in 2017 with swimwear made from recycled materials at a $95 price point — designer quality swimwear without the designer price tag. Since then, we’ve launched additional categories including loungewear, knitwear, sleepwear and activewear. Summersalt pieces are modern, sophisticated and fun, with an impeccable data-backed fit based on millions of measurements from over 10,000 women. In the few short years since our founding, Summersalt has built a loyal following of customers, influencers and celebrities, while garnering praise from leading fashion media including ELLE, Vogue and People.
This role is a unique opportunity to join a well-funded, close-knit team that is redefining the apparel and swimwear categories and at the forefront of e-commerce, design and brand innovation. Sustainability, inclusivity and diversity are core tenants of the brand, and we work hard to inspire joy through our products and every interaction with the customer. If you want to be a part of a diverse, hardworking and fast-paced team filled with motivated and thoughtful people, please consider applying.
Summersalt champions diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. Summersalt is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We hire the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, parental status, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are committed to fostering diversity across our organization.