Business Manager (Retail)
Rumby is rapidly growing our Strategy & Innovation Team and looking for an experienced Business Manager to develop and grow our nationwide retail business. If you are passionate about developing a fully digital laundry and dry-cleaning business to serve strategic retail partners and customers - then this may be a fit for you. In this role you will report directly to the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO), will coordinate product development, maintain go to market strategy, and will build a team to execute. This is an opportunity to get into a rocketship company at a very early stage. Competitive salary and equity compensation ensures that your hard work and commitment will be directly rewarded as we build Rumby to be a behemoth in our industry!
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Work with the CSO to design, develop and grow Rumby’s retail business.
- Manage the P&L and identify ways to grow sales and profitability in our retail business.
- Develop and maintain business cases for go to market strategy.
- Gather and document key design requirements for Rumby’s retail product.
- Develop and manage relationships with key partners in the retail sector.
- Operate autonomously, collaborate across multiple teams to efficiently share knowledge to maintain holistic points of view across the Rumby team.
- Act as a thought partner and domain expert on Rumby’s retail business.
- Analyze performance trends across the retail marketplace and synthesize into insights and actions.
- Design and manage retail sector pricing and incentives to drive performance.
A QUALIFIED CANDIDATE MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or business required, MBA preferred. PMP certification is a plus.
- 4+ years in sales management required.
- Experience managing a P&L and direct reports required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation required.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in Excel required.
- Exceptional communication, analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Knowledge of Ecommerce and/or cleaner, commercial, or residential business required.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical projects is preferred.
- Experience developing products and/or pricing preferred
- Experience within an ecommerce business is preferred.