Senior Fullstack Web Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Fullstack Web Engineer to join the Plural web application team. You will play a key role in building a web application for passionate users who advocate for legislation in Congress and all 50 states. The role will drive new feature development and architecture improvements at every level of our web application stack. This is an individual contributor role that reports to the Head of Engineering.
Plural helps people more effectively advocate for public policy changes with a cutting-edge product that is backed by our civic data ingestion, processing, and analysis pipelines. We are a diverse team guided by a vision to improve democracy and increase transparency. We provide services to hundreds of public policy advocacy organizations, business entities, and millions of people looking to engage in democracy.
What do our products do?
- Surface all proposed laws across state and federal governments
- Enable users to track, tag, and annotate proposed laws, so they can take action
- Notify users about changes and related proposals that they might otherwise miss
- Facilitate collaboration within teams and organizations to make advocacy more powerful
- Provide a foundation of open civic data to academics, journalists, and the public
What you will do:
- Deliver feature improvements and bug fixes to the Plural policy app, a legislative intelligence tool built on React and Node.js
- Work directly with Product Managers to scope, plan, and estimate new features as part of an agile development process
- Actively seek out and implement architecture improvements and refactoring projects to improve app reliability and developer quality-of-life
- Grow the team’s skills through code review, knowledge sharing on tools and techniques, and clear documentation
The right person for this role:
- Brings 3+ years of hands-on experience delivering highly interactive web applications
- Can design and build clear, maintainable, and performant APIs for web applications
- Takes responsibility for software quality and uses appropriate testing tools to prevent and address bugs
Sr. Fullstack Web Developer | APPLY HERE
- Has successfully diagnosed and resolved performance bottlenecks in a production web application
- Is confident with SQL and familiar with data modeling and implementing new database schemas
- Has demonstrated the ability to move strategic software enhancements forward through proposal, collaboration, and feedback
- May have experience with any of the following (not required but a plus): React.js, Typescript, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Sass/CSS, Jest
- Upholds our company values: We put people first. We believe in transparency. We are audacious thinkers and doers.
- Has experience and willingness to work in a remote-first, distributed team
- Gets excited about delivering tools that truly move the needle for people who do important, world-changing advocacy work
- Believes that diversity and communication are core strengths in an engineering team
- Wants to join a startup at the stage where culture is being actively established and engineering habits are being molded
- Cares about civic engagement and the health of our democracy.
Location: This is a fully remote position open nationwide, with a preference for candidates near Minneapolis, MN, or Pittsburgh, PA.
Compensation: Salary Range: $110K to 140K depending on location and experience. To set compensation, we use market research and a defined career advancement ladder. Our goal is to make the compensation scale equitable inside the company, rather than being driven entirely by ad hoc negotiation (which can be a vector for bias).
- Stock options
- Healthcare and dental insurance
- High-trust remote working environment
- Flexible schedule
- Generous time-off policy
- Paid family leave
Commitment to Equal Opportunity: Plural is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment. Individuals seeking employment at Plural are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, military or veteran status, physical or mental abilities, social-economic background, political affiliation, thinking styles, life experiences, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.