People Business Partner
People & HR, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, December 9, 2023
The People Team is building a humane work experience that prioritizes empathy, connection and wellbeing through every milestone in the employee experience. The team’s goal is to provide a special place in everyone’s career, define an industry, and encourage everyone to become a better person while doing it.
Loop’s People Business Partner are key thought partners and collaborators throughout the company, solving business needs through a people-first lens. As Loop continues to scale, you will be responsible for facilitating, iterating, and building processes within Performance Management, Talent Management, and more along with supporting your client groups with day-to-day challenges.
Right away, we’ve listed what we think you’ll be spending your time on. We’re growing fast, and growth means the challenges we’ll work on together will change as we lead Loop through new and different phases.
This is an indispensable role with us, so we’ll be looking for you to have examples of when you’ve tackled these challenges throughout your career. We’ve laid out the experience we think is important to set you up for success in this role. But, we appreciate that different humans will solve problems in different ways, so we don’t expect you to fit exactly in a box of requirements.
Loop HQ is a state-of-the-art office located in Columbus, Ohio, and more than half of our team works remotely across the United States and Canada. You can choose to join us in the Columbus office or stay fully remote in this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the go-to partner for Go-To-Market and General & Administrative managers at Loop, providing strategic coaching and consultation on any and all People situations, helping managers think through challenges and solve them in a way that aligns with Loop’s culture and business goals.
- Partner with your client groups and across Loop to roll out key People initiatives in a way that works for their needs.
- Support your client groups in creating healthy cultures that retain, engage, and develop our best team members.
- Own Loop’s performance review process and leverage qualitative and quantitative data to drive incremental change to improve the process, while maintaining a seamless, people-first experience.
- Support People team leadership in creating, scaling, and iterating on key talent management processes, including organizational design frameworks and talent/succession planning.
- Provide guidance and input to leaders within your client groups on major People initiatives such as compensation adjustments, promotions, lateral transfers, performance calibrations, etc.
- Gather qualitative information from team members through stay or exit interviews, share feedback to elevate the employee experience, and determine ways to scale these processes.
- Scale the People Business Partner function, ensuring our systems, processes, and documentation are updated and accurate and we are working effectively.
- Elevate the People team culture at Loop by acting as a subject matter expert, using our vision and values to guide your work and making everyone around you better.
- 3 or more years of experience as a People Business Partner, accountable for supporting managers of a variety of teams and experience levels. Experience supporting Go-To-Market teams is a plus.
- Have worked in a high-growth startup environment.
- Versed in HR legal, compliance, and trends.
- Created People solutions from scratch to solve meaningful problems and iterated on previously created processes.
- Owned People processes that continuously added value and meaning to each human that you worked with.
- Built exceptional partnerships with your internal partners and quickly became one of their favorite people to work with.
- Communication is a superpower of yours — you’re engaging, influential, helpful, candid, direct and open.
- Upgraded the leadership skills of the managers you have worked with.
- Leaned into tough conversations with your partners, both giving and receiving difficult, but important, feedback.
- Made your role better than you found it by proactively creating and continuously improving expectations, processes and supporting content.
In a perfect world, Loop wouldn't exist. If we had our way, we'd live in a world where we're mindful about how we consume, we love every product we own, and we share values with the brands who create them. In reality, commerce isn't perfect and often breaks. Loop creates second chances.
We're starting by revolutionizing the post-purchase experience. We've taken one of the most fragile commerce interactions - returns - and turned it into something consumers actually love, and that deepens our connection to brands and products.
We take connection seriously on the inside, too. We're building a work experience that allows you to Be A Human First and prioritizes empathy and wellbeing. We view Loop as a special place in your career to shape the future of an industry and become a better person while doing it. You can grow faster here in a shorter amount of time - we'll give you space and trust you to fill it.
Learn more about us here: https://loopreturns.com/careers.
You can review our privacy notice here.