Senior UX Researcher
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Great experiences are built on a solid understanding of customer needs, behaviors, and desires. Loop Returns is looking for our first UX Researcher to join the Design team, a small but mighty crew passionate about building memorable products.
Right away, we’ve listed what we think you’ll be spending your time on. We’re growing fast, and growth means the challenges we’ll work on together will change as we lead Loop through new and different phases.
This is an indispensable role with us, so we’ll be looking for you to have examples of when you’ve tackled these challenges throughout your career. We’ve laid out the experience we think is important to set you up for success in this role. But, we appreciate that different humans will solve problems in different ways, so we don’t expect you to fit exactly into a box of requirements.
Loop HQ is a state-of-the-art office located in Columbus, Ohio, and more than half of our team works remotely across the United States and Canada. You can choose to join us in the Columbus office or stay fully remote in this role.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, articulate, and share a clear point of view of who our merchants and shoppers are, their aspirations, needs, and pain points.
- Create a solid foundation of insights for our teams by developing Jobs to be Done, personas, experience maps/audits, and competitive reviews.
- Work as a guide and assist with continuous discovery, usability testing, Design Sprints, discussion guide review, analysis, synthesis, and provide feedback so design, product, marketing, and others are empowered to connect with customers routinely.
- Present your findings creatively; Loop is a remote company, and we're always looking for ways to excite our teams about our customers.
- Work with a "Just Enough Research" mentality; you know where to be scrappy and when to apply rigor.
- You'll level up our team by exposing the group to new methods, analysis techniques, and best practices.
- 5+ years of experience as a UX Researcher or Design Researcher
- Experience with generative and evaluative research methods, including applying them in a fast-moving, startup environment.
- You've worked hand in hand with designers, product managers, and marketing.
- You're a self-starter who can work without close supervision; however, you seek and welcome feedback from others when needed.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, can think through complex challenges, and can align cross-functional teams around your research to launch successful products.
- Experience in a VC-backed and/or high-growth SaaS company is a huge plus for us!
- You thrive in rapidly changing, ambiguous, and fast-moving environments.
- Communication is your superpower - you're engaging, influential, helpful, candid, and open.
- You're comfortable presenting insights and ideas to your stakeholders, including executive leadership team members. You're adept at adapting your communication style to meet their needs.
- Willing to occasionally travel to our HQ and other company events.
In a perfect world, Loop wouldn't exist. If we had our way, we'd live in a world where we're mindful about how we consume, we love every product we own, and we share values with the brands who create them. In reality, commerce isn't perfect and often breaks. Loop creates second chances.
We're starting by revolutionizing the post-purchase experience. We've taken one of the most fragile commerce interactions - returns - and turned it into something consumers actually love, and that deepens our connection to brands and products.
We take connection seriously on the inside, too. We're building a work experience that allows you to Be A Human First and prioritizes empathy and wellbeing. We view Loop as a special place in your career to shape the future of an industry and become a better person while doing it. You can grow faster here in a shorter amount of time - we'll give you space and trust you to fill it.
Learn more about us here: https://loopreturns.com/careers.
You can review our privacy notice here.