Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Loop is in the unparalleled position to provide data to our merchants that no one else is able to replicate. Data will be at the core of everything we do and some of our most critical work as we grow. Our future is to create data-based products that use modern techniques for delivering not only data but invaluable insights. We’ll identify problems our merchants don’t even know they have and use our data to create solutions that thrill merchants with their ability to predict and forecast their customer’s needs.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer at Loop, you will play an instrumental role in enhancing our products to better serve merchants. You will spearhead complex initiatives to incorporate impactful machine learning (ML) innovations into our merchant solutions. By leveraging your proficiency in building, deploying, and optimizing ML systems, you will meaningfully advance our products' capabilities to drive increased sales, loyalty, and growth for Loop. Your leadership and technical acumen will directly elevate the value merchants derive from our offerings. As our ML expert, you will be critical to pushing our products forward and unlocking new possibilities through machine learning.
Loop HQ is a state-of-the-art office located in Columbus, Ohio, and more than half of our team works remotely across the United States and Canada. You can choose to join us in the Columbus office or stay fully remote in this role.
Our current tech stack: Fivetran, dbt, Snowflake, Looker, Hex, Secoda
What You’ll Do:
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional partners, including software engineers, product managers, operations, and the rest of the Data team, to refine requirements for machine learning models, drive scientific decisions, and quantify impact.
- Develop ML solutions and implement pipelines, leveraging your experience productizing ML solutions to iterate and improve models.
- Maintain an unrelenting focus on operational excellence, continuously assessing system performance, security, and design to derive actionable metrics and implement quality improvements.
- Help us build the AI/ML function at Loop by selecting tools, defining ML pipelines, and implementing processes that responsibly expand our capabilities.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest advances in the field through continuous learning.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience as a data scientist or tech lead and a Master’s degree or Ph.D. in a relevant field.
- 2+ years of hands-on expertise in building, deploying, and monitoring machine learning systems and models in production.
- Fluency in Python and SQL with mastery of leading ML frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, and Scikit-Learn.
- Extensive knowledge in core ML techniques, including supervised learning, unsupervised learning, generative models, time series models, reinforcement learning, and decision theory.
- Well-versed in ML ops best practices, including version control, CI/CD, and monitoring for model governance.
- Keen understanding of ethical AI issues like bias, transparency, and responsible AI governance.
- Familiarity with large language models and the latest advances in generative AI.
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex topics clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Takes a product-focused approach to apply innovative ML solutions that provide seamless user experiences.
- Contributions to open-source ML projects and libraries.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like Scrum or Kanban.
- Knowledge of container technologies like Docker and orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of dbt.
In a perfect world, Loop wouldn't exist. If we had our way, we'd live in a world where we're mindful about how we consume, we love every product we own, and we share values with the brands who create them. In reality, commerce isn't perfect and often breaks. Loop creates second chances.
We're starting by revolutionizing the post-purchase experience. We've taken one of the most fragile commerce interactions - returns - and turned it into something consumers actually love, and that deepens our connection to brands and products.
We take connection seriously on the inside, too. We're building a work experience that allows you to Be A Human First and prioritizes empathy and wellbeing. We view Loop as a special place in your career to shape the future of an industry and become a better person while doing it. You can grow faster here in a shorter amount of time - we'll give you space and trust you to fill it.
Learn more about us here: https://loopreturns.com/careers.
You can review our privacy notice here.