Data & Analytics Engineering Manager
Software Engineering, Other Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Loop is in an unparalleled position to provide data to our merchants that no one else can replicate. Data will be at the core of everything we do and some of our most critical work as we grow. Our future is to create data-based products that use modern techniques to deliver data and invaluable insights. We're establishing the conditions to allow anyone to independently answer most of their business questions, and you'll help develop the frameworks and culture that reward the effective utilization of data across the organization while guiding the Data & Analytics Engineering team on strategic projects.
The Data Team is part of Engineering and is responsible for analytics, data platforms, data engineering, and data science/ML.
What we focus on:
- Creating enterprise data models for self-service analytics at all levels
- Pioneering innovations to enhance our data platform through continuous expansion
- Building data products and advanced analytics for internal and external users
As part of the Data Team, the Data & Analytics Engineering team collaborates closely with Analytics, providing the data foundation for their analysis, dashboards, and data-driven insights. By building reliable, scalable data pipelines and optimized data models, this team empowers Analytics to unlock hidden answers in our data. This strategic partnership enables Analytics to focus on deriving impactful, actionable intelligence.
As Data & Analytics Engineering Manager, you'll directly influence Loop's ability to solve critical merchant challenges and fulfill emerging business needs. While this high-impact team already does excellent work, you'll champion their excellence across the organization, increasing visibility into their work. If leading by example to inspire engineers excites you and coaching teams through complex data solutions energizes you, this could be your ideal role. With your technical leadership, we'll build seamlessly scalable data platforms and pipeline architectures that drive informed decision-making. If you understand the immense power of data and want to unlock that potential for Loop, let's connect.
Loop HQ is a state-of-the-art office located in Columbus, Ohio, and more than half of our team works remotely across the United States and Canada. You can choose to join us in the Columbus office or stay fully remote in this role.
Our tech stack: Fivetran, dbt, Snowflake, Looker, Hex, Secoda
What You’ll Do:
- Cultivate partnerships with data analysts, scientists, product managers, and engineers to understand and meet business data needs.
- Lead the team to design, develop, and deploy new data models, pipelines, and products.
- Establish and govern SLAs for all production data systems.
- Strategize and oversee data warehouse technology, architecture, and content roadmaps.
- Take a hands-on approach to analyzing and improving data infrastructure, processes, and performance.
- Coach and mentor team members on technologies, techniques, and excellence in data delivery.
- Manage and optimize data infrastructure costs, capacity, and performance.
- 5 years of hands-on experience as a data engineer or analytics engineer.
- 2+ years of experience managing and scaling 3+ person teams.
- Expert-level skills in data architecture, modeling, SQL, Python, dbt.
- Hands-on ETL experience using tools like Fivetran and Snowpipe for large-scale data integration.
- Ability to drive data governance, quality, and observability according to best practices.
- Proven project management skills and ability to deliver on timelines.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and mentoring skills.
- Driven self-starter who can take ownership of delivering data solutions from design to production rollout.
- Experience with data security, access controls, and compliance frameworks like GDPR.
- Knowledge of stream processing with tools like Kafka, Kinesis, or Spark Streaming.
- Familiarity with machine learning ops and model deployment.
- Agile software development with Scrum and CI/CD processes.
- Hands-on experience with Looker and LookML.
In a perfect world, Loop wouldn't exist. If we had our way, we'd live in a world where we're mindful about how we consume, we love every product we own, and we share values with the brands who create them. In reality, commerce isn't perfect and often breaks. Loop creates second chances.
We're starting by revolutionizing the post-purchase experience. We've taken one of the most fragile commerce interactions - returns - and turned it into something consumers actually love, and that deepens our connection to brands and products.
We take connection seriously on the inside, too. We're building a work experience that allows you to Be A Human First and prioritizes empathy and wellbeing. We view Loop as a special place in your career to shape the future of an industry and become a better person while doing it. You can grow faster here in a shorter amount of time - we'll give you space and trust you to fill it.
Learn more about us here: https://loopreturns.com/careers.
You can review our privacy notice here.