Merchant Support Specialist
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Our merchants are the heart and soul of our business, and the Merchant Success Team at Loop exists to optimize the value of the Loop partnership to their business. This begins with the merchant onboarding experience and continues through ongoing support and strategic account management.
As a Merchant Support Specialist at Loop, you are the voice for our brand, product, and philosophy. Through empathy and attention to detail, you will work with our merchants to answer questions, anticipate needs, and troubleshoot issues that arise.
Right away, we’ve listed what we think you’ll be spending your time on. We’re growing fast, and growth means the challenges we’ll work on together will change as we lead Loop through new and different phases.
This is an indispensable role with us, so we’ll be looking for you to have examples of when you’ve tackled these challenges throughout your career. We’ve laid out the experience we think is important to set you up for success in this role. But, we appreciate that different humans will solve problems in different ways, so we don’t expect you to fit exactly in a box of requirements.
Loop HQ is a state-of-the-art office located in Columbus, Ohio, and more than half of our team works remotely across the United States and Canada. You can choose to join us in the Columbus office or stay fully remote in this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Your main priority is to make our merchants successful, and you’ll use any and all of your tools to make it happen.
- Use your Loop product expertise and rapport-building talent to deliver best-in-class service and support to our community of merchants via email.
- Interact with merchants to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about our product.
- Act as the first line of support to troubleshoot, diagnose, and identify software issues with empathy and a positive attitude.
- You’ll escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate teammates internally for further triaging, and ensure merchants know where they stand.
- You prioritize determining the root cause of our merchants’ issues by leading with curiosity and asking the right questions to analyze their symptoms.
- Keep merchants productive and loving Loop by offering alternative solutions when needed.
- Guarantee our merchants always know where they stand at all times by providing clear timeline expectations and follow-up arrangements.
- Stay current with Loop system information, changes and updates - did we mention we’re growing fast?
- Contribute to internal and merchant-facing documentation so that our community always has the most up-to-date information about our product and its capabilities.
- Make Loop better by talking to merchants constantly and reporting support themes and feedback to the rest of the Merchant Success team.
- You have at least two years making an impact in a customer or merchant support role, and are often referred to as the go-to product expert on your team.
- Communication is your jam - you should impress others with your style, thoroughness and frequency of communication through documentation, email, call, video, you name it!
- Even the smallest of details don’t pass by you, and organization and project management are some of your superpowers.
- You have examples of how you have created exceptional partnerships with your customers, and quickly became one of their favorite people to work with because of your commitment to creatively fulfilling their needs.
- You’re a problem solver that remains unshaken in a fast-paced environment.
- Made your role better than you found it by proactively creating and continuously improving expectations, processes and documentation.
- You’re excited to share some concrete examples of how you’ve rolled up your sleeves to learn something new.
- If you’ve used programs like HelpScout, JIRA, Notion, HubSpot, and Slack before, that’s a plus for us.
- We would especially love it if you have worked in B2B SaaS, ecommerce, or with Shopify in the past.
In a perfect world, Loop wouldn't exist. If we had our way, we'd live in a world where we're mindful about how we consume, we love every product we own, and we share values with the brands who create them. In reality, commerce isn't perfect and often breaks. Loop creates second chances.
We're starting by revolutionizing the post-purchase experience. We've taken one of the most fragile commerce interactions - returns - and turned it into something consumers actually love, and that deepens our connection to brands and products.
We take connection seriously on the inside, too. We're building a work experience that allows you to Be A Human First and prioritizes empathy and wellbeing. We view Loop as a special place in your career to shape the future of an industry and become a better person while doing it. You can grow faster here in a shorter amount of time - we'll give you space and trust you to fill it.
Learn more about us here: https://loopreturns.com/careers.
You can review our privacy notice here.
See more open positions at Loop Returns
Something looks off?