Regional Director, State Product Management
The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
We are seeking an ambitious insurance product management leader to drive profitable growth as Kin's Regional Director of State Product Management. In this position, you will be accountable for the performance of specific states, starting with Florida and Louisiana. You will work closely with various teams, including actuarial, underwriting, claims, finance, and operations, to support strategic initiatives aimed at growing profitability in these states. Collaboration with our engineering and tech product teams will be necessary to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about innovation and eager to contribute to our business performance. Some examples of projects you may work on in this role include gaining deeper insights into our competitive position, collaborating with the data science team to attract profitable customers, and implementing policy changes to mitigate losses and comply with legislative changes.
This role will also oversee the insurance operations of your respective states, working with the insurance legal team to ensure compliance, engaging with state regulators on filings, and managing cross-functional initiatives between various departments.
In this role, you are both a "leader" and a "doer," influencing teams across the organization based on your analysis. You are analytical and self-motivated with experience in problem-solving. You will be able to analyze business issues and drive actions based on data.
A day in the life could include:
- Developing and driving state and product strategy and performance, and working cross-functionally with leaders in various departments, including Underwriting, Data Science, Marketing, Actuarial, Sales, Technology, Claims, and Finance.
- Coordinating profitability, growth, product fit, pricing adequacy, and compliance for your states.
- Serving as an expert in the competitive landscape of your respective states, leading analysis of the competitive environment and leveraging this information to drive strategy.
- Leveraging data and analysis to support proposed initiatives within your states.
- Partnering with the finance team to set and monitor operational targets and explain variances.
- Coordinating compliance initiatives across various insurance teams.
- Leading the product strategy and execution for your respective states.
- Building business cases to justify investments in innovation and other initiatives.
- Reporting on the performance of your respective states and products to the executive leadership team and others in the organization.
- Serving as an insurance product subject matter expert to non-insurance teams within Kin.
I've got the skills... but do I have the necessary ones?
- 8+ years in strategic and/or analytical insurance roles, including actuarial,
product/line management, or underwriting.
- 5+ years managing a P&L for another insurance company.
- Experience working with insurance experts, including state regulators.
- Demonstrated strength working cross-functionally to deliver results.
- Expertise in motivating and managing teams without direct reporting relationships.
- Data-driven mindset, including the ability to drive actions based on analyses.
- Experience in developing and executing ideas across various domains.
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Remote work
- Generous equity package
- 401K with company match
- Parental leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.