Senior Insurance Product Manager
The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
We are looking for a Senior Insurance Product Manager to join our insurance team! Kin is currently revolutionizing the home insurance industry; in order to continually offer innovative products and services, we need to expand our team of Insurance Product experts. You can expect to utilize your industry expertise to help us build new insurance products for current and new markets and help manage profitable growth for new lines of business in assigned states. You will be representing Kin as a company expert and authority online of business and/or states including detailed understanding of market underwriting, pricing, competitors, agencies, business mix, regulations.
You have the chance to be responsible for all aspects of management including pricing, policy and forms, underwriting, regulatory, go to market planning, project management, and implementation. Through extensive market research, data analysis, and customer feedback, you will identify gaps in the insurance market that your products can effectively address and work cross functionally to implement. We will look to you to develop integrated state-specific strategies including actuarial, claims, distribution and other functional areas as well as to align and measure goals set against our financial plans.
A day in the life could include:
- Creating lines of business/state strategies including all operational goals and measures including customer experience and satisfaction, policyholder retention, quotes, sales, conversion, new business growth, underwriting quality, price segmentation, and claims trends
- P&L responsibility for our new lines of business and/or states
- Filing and gaining approval of changes that require regulatory approval
- Aligning operational goals and measures across functions for financial planning and evaluation
- Defining product market fit and deeply understanding the needs, behaviors, and pain points of the target customer segments; translating customer insights into tangible product enhancements with strong cross-functional collaboration.
- Analyzing feedback and data to understand how coverage offerings are received by agents and customers, the ease of the application process, and the overall satisfaction with the insurance product
- Working closely with our technical teams to enhance user and agent experience for assigned states/products
- Communicating and planning state strategies with managers across all functional areas and leadership team
- Identifying ways to improve and automate internal processes to advance insurance product development
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 8-10 years of insurance experience with at least 5 years being focused on insurance product
- In-depth knowledge of insurance products, pricing, risk, and regulatory requirements
- Proven managerial skills with demonstrated success in developing, leading, and overseeing state P&Ls
- Strong ability to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies with well-rounded understanding of tools such as Excel, SQL, and Looker
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as proven ability to foster and encourage teamwork and productive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels and across organizational lines
- Committed to maintaining ethical standards when dealing with data, our customers, and internal employees
- Outstanding project management and time management skills with a proven ability to maintain composure and flexibility in thriving fast paced situations
- Master’s degree, CPCU, or other Actuarial Designations a Plus
- Strong market analysis and competitive intelligence skills with the ability to acquire, extract, and analyze competitive data from multiple sources
- Well-rounded underwriting and loss mitigation knowledge with a focus in catastrophe prone geographies
- Insurtech experience
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Remote work
- Generous equity package
- 401K with company match
- Parental leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact!
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.