Partnerships Development Manager
The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
As Kin continues to grow, we are looking to add a Partnership Development Manager to our Marketing team. In this role, you will be an important part in shaping our growth strategy. Leading the initiative in sourcing and onboarding new vendor and affiliate partnerships to grow inbound leads, ensuring optimal utilization of our experimental budget and smooth collaboration with our internal teams.
You will also drive our lead monetization strategy forward, optimizing and directing leads that don’t fit Kin’s criteria to various aggregator partners to inject them back into the marketplace. Additionally, harness the capabilities of the affiliate management tools like EverFlow to foster partnerships, bringing a surge of new traffic to Kin.
A day in the life could include:
- Leading sourcing efforts to identify promising aggregator and affiliate partnerships.
- Collaborating closely with the legal team to ensure smooth partnership onboarding.
- Using tools like EverFlow to optimize affiliate marketing strategies and drive new traffic.
- Addressing and resolving any technical issues during the onboarding process.
- Exploring and testing new media buys and placements in the affiliate space.
- Driving declined lead monetization strategies, channeling leads to appropriate aggregator partners.
- Evaluating the financial opportunities of lead monetization and strategizing accordingly.
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 2-6 years of business development skills, particularly within the aggregator and affiliate sectors.
- Technical proficiency to troubleshoot and resolve integration hiccups.
- Experience with tools like EverFlow, PX, Boberdoo or others for affiliate and lead buying programs.
- Expertise in lead monetization strategies and understanding of its financial implications.
- Ability to forge and maintain strong relationships with various aggregators and affiliate partners.
- Able to test and evaluate new affiliate placements, media buys, and partnerships.
- 2-6 years of business development or marketing experience with a track record for growing a program
- Proven track record of scaling affiliate marketing strategies with tangible results.
- Prior experience selling leads to aggregator partners for monetization.
- Strong networking abilities within the affiliate and aggregator industry.
- Familiarity with platforms like MediaAlpha or other relevant platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, especially with legal and technical teams.
- Proficient with Looker and/or other data visualization tools
- Experience with platforms like PX, Boberdoo, EverFlow and others used for lead generation programs
- SQL experience
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Remote work
- Generous equity package
- 401K with company match
- Parental leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.