The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
Our IT department is essential in supporting all aspects of our operations here at Kin Insurance; we are currently looking for an IT Analyst to join our growing team! You will play a pivotal role in providing in-person and remote IT support for the organization in addition to lending an important hand to onboarding and offboarding responsibilities. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to contribute to company-wide projects and initiatives that help our teams work more efficiently.
Working cross-functionally is crucial within this role, requiring you to lean into your communication strengths and collaborating closely with team members, managers, and stakeholders. In a growing, fast-paced start-up environment, you’ll work alongside technical and non-technical teams on a wide variety of projects all while having the ability to advance your career within the organization.
A day in the life could include:
- Providing audio/visual assistance for meetings and events, both remote and in-person
- Performing regular audits of our systems to confirm that access is properly assigned based on RBAC
- Managing inventory each week alongside documenting physical IT Assets (laptops, monitors)
- Overseeing all mobile devices used throughout the organization using Kandji or NinjaRMM
- Responsible for ensuring the seamless onboarding and offboarding of employees as it relates to access and IT equipment
- Monitoring and routing support requests and escalating to relevant stakeholders or support teams when necessary
- Ensuring frontline assistance to Kinfosec by triaging cyber security issues and enforcing security policies throughout the organization
- Maintaining the security posture in our office locations (cameras, keycard readers)
- Owning tier 1 helpdesk requests and assisting on tier 2-3 tasks
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 2+ years of IT experience; 1 year in help desk position
- Administration oversight on tools such as: Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, and Asana
- Ability to identify issues and communicate solutions effectively
- Expertise in collaborating effectively, working for a win-win while inspiring others to do the same
- Desire to advance your career and gain exposure to new projects in a tech-based environment
- Enthusiasm for utilizing technologies in addition to learning new systems and tools
- Ability to provide in-office support for our Chicago office for at least one week out of each month
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Remote work
- Generous equity package
- 401K with company match
- Parental leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.