Senior Director of Acquisition Marketing
The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
We’re looking for a seasoned Performance Marketer to join and lead Kin’s Growth Marketing Team. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this highly visible, strategic leadership role will focus on scaling paid and organic digital strategies across our portfolio of products/markets, fueling business growth.
As Senior Director of Acquisition Marketing, you will lead a team of performance marketers to acquire new customers, design and optimize channel- specific strategies, to deliver sustainable and efficient acquisition metrics (# of customers, CAC, Cost Per Lead) at scale. You will drive growth by identifying channel innovation opportunities, designing tests to optimize audiences, creative, landing page experience, customer journey, and overall channel operations including end-to-end customer experience. You will be responsible for developing contemporary digital capabilities that propel business growth. Additionally, you will collaborate closely with internal cross-functional partners, such as Sales, Design, Analytics, Product, and Underwriting to deliver growth.
We are looking for folks who have proven experience translating insights and data into actionable acquisition marketing strategies, leveraging creative and design to fuel campaign performance, managing marketing budgets focused on business outcomes and working with both internal partners and media agencies. Strong people management experience with a track record of talent development will be critical to success in this role.
A day in the life could include:
- Building and iterating on our Performance Marketing strategy in existing markets
- Oversee paid digital advertising, ensuring the channel strategies are aligned to business priorities and campaigns are efficient and effective operating at sustainable CAC
- Collaborating with several teams (e.g. GMs, Product Managers, Engineering, BI) to build our holistic strategy for each new market that we launch next year
- Champion new channel opportunities to grow acquisitions in an efficient & profitable manner (e.g. Streaming TV, Local Cable, OOH, Audio)
- Providing feedback on segmented communication strategy to our Lifecycle Marketing team members
- Sharing recent learnings, and how they’ll impact your future strategy during a Monthly Business Review
- Manage on an interim basis a lean internal brand team comprising content and design talent
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 8+ years of experience in a growth marketing role in high-growth direct to consumer Fintech or InsureTech businesses
- Proficiency across a broad array of channels including but not limited to Search, Paid social, Programmatic display, TV, Email, Direct mail etc. with ownership of budgets, and outcomes
- 5+ years hiring, managing and developing a team of direct reports
- Track record of developing growth strategies that result in tangible business success
- Experience working at a fast-paced growth-stage startup
- Experience working in financial services or regulated industries
- Experience managing paid social
- Sense of humor
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.