Senior Manager, Digital Marketing
The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
Kin is looking for a Senior Digital Marketing Manager to help us launch and optimize campaigns on a variety of digital channels including Paid Search, Display, and Paid Social. We are looking for someone who has worked with all the major digital advertising platforms (Google, Bing, Facebook). The ideal candidate will be both data driven and creative. You’ll love the challenge of optimizing and scaling, and have an ongoing source of ideas you want to test.
A day in the life could include:
- Massively scale our SEM business - via agency and internal resources.
- Quickly test into channels beyond Paid Search, such as Facebook and YouTube.
- Build campaigns from scratch including keyword analysis, audience targeting, budgeting, bidding strategies, and creative deployment.
- Optimize campaigns to meet specific company KPIs like CAC, binds (policies), and total premium.
- Regularly analyze performance using sound statistical methodologies.
- Generate trend reports and share results with the immediate team and external stakeholders.
- Work with Finance and GMs to produce annual forecasts for existing markets.
- Conduct research using Keyword Planner to identify the viability of new markets.
- Stay on top of industry trends, best practices, and competitor activity.
- Be comfortable building out the underlying infrastructure to manage Search and other campaigns, including working with our Dev team to implement APIs and install pixels.
- Working with Branding and Design team members, assist in the development of new creative from ideation to writing ad copy.
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) in a quantitative discipline such as Math, Economics, Marketing Analytics.
- At least 7 years experience working with ad platforms like Google and Facebook
- Deep hands-on familiarity with at least 1-2 digital channels and exposure to others.
- Strong analytical abilities, including experience with Google Sheets/Excel and other analytics tools.
- Experience with a/b testing and measuring to ensure statistical significance.
- Experience using data reporting tools like Looker or Tableau
- Financial Services experience strongly preferred
- Experience writing ad copy
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Collaborative team player with no ego and no attitude.
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Remote work
- Generous equity package
- 401K with company match
- Parental leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
Something looks off?