Software Engineering Manager
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Idelic is focused on driving the best possible insurance outcomes for the transportation industry through the combination of process and technology. The Idelic program combines the Driver Safety Playbook with Safety Suite®, the first end-to-end driver performance management platform, to help fleets consolidate their most relevant driver data into one platform, analyze it with proprietary machine learning models, and take action on new insights. Empowering fleets with a data-driven view of fleet safety through Idelic’s advanced AI-based Driver Watch List, broad integration network and proven driver professional development plans (PDPs), the Idelic Program is the most proactive and effective way to prevent crashes, reduce losses and produce better insurance outcomes.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Join our fast-paced and lean agile team as a Software Engineering Manager and lead a group of talented engineers in creating cutting-edge software solutions that will shape the future. Our Engineering teams at Idelic are passionate about developing the end-to-end SaaS platform that our customers depend on for managing their drivers. You will collaborate with all of our internal teams to deliver innovative products and perfect existing features. If you get excited about collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and high-quality work - then this role is for you! As a key player in our organization, you will have the opportunity to spearhead projects, make strategic decisions and contribute to our continuous growth and success. If you’re passionate about technology, leadership, and the thrill of pushing boundaries, this position offers an exciting and rewarding opportunity to make a lasting impact in the world of software engineering.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead and mentor a talented team of software, QA and devops engineers of various backgrounds and experience levels in an Agile environment
- Develop and advocate for modern, agile software development practices and processes
- Provide general architectural and source code feedback
- Collaborate daily with Product, Design, Customer Success, and others to prioritize and deliver new features
- Work on any task and help solve problems when needed!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE
- 2+ years of technical lead or management experience of small to medium size teams
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering fields
- 2+ years of experience with a cloud platform and its services
- Foundation of 12 factor cloud native software development best practices
- Experience performing code reviews and providing constructive feedback
- Experience collaborating with product management and UX to understand customer experience
- Strong understanding of Agile, Kanban and modern software development methodologies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Structured problem solving and prioritization skills
- Familiarity measuring team performance and conducting performance reviews
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Understanding of modern microservice software architecture patterns and design patterns like CQRS and Event Sourcing
- Experience with relational databases and messages queues such as Postgres and Kafka
- Experience with Web Frameworks like Spring and Play and front end libraries like React
- Experience with AWS and its services
- Familiarity with automated unit, contract and functional testing
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes and containerization for production systems
- Familiarity automating and managing CI/CD pipelines (including canary and blue/green deployments)
- Familiarity with monitoring and instrumentation of production systems using modern tooling
- Familiarity with IAC for infrastructure deployments
- Experience managing onshore and offshore resources
- Public speaking and open source engagement
THINGS THAT MAKE IDELIC A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- Competitive Compensation Package Including Options
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Matching Funds
- Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, and Paid Military Leave
- Paid Volunteer Time to Support Your Local Community
If you’ve made it this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. You may be surprised! We're eager to meet people who are passionate, believe in Idelic’s mission, and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.
We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations. We at Idelic are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our team, contractors, vendors, and clients. Idelic is an equal-opportunity employer. Our success depends heavily on the effective utilization of qualified people, regardless of their race, ancestry, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, identity, disability, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands that are described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear and see. The employee is regularly required to stand and sit/ The employee is regularly required to practice manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distant vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to standard office equipment. Occasionally called upon to work hours in excess of your normal daily schedule.