Senior People Business Partner
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we also offer English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and are bringing new subjects into the Duolingo app, where people can develop their Math and Music skills.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
The People team acts as stewards of Duolingo’s greatest asset: Our People.
As a Senior People Business Partner you will support Duolingo's mission by creating an environment where the world’s top talent does the best work of their lives. The ideal candidate will bring creative and effective ideas and solutions to a thriving organization by operating at both hands-on and strategic levels.
- Strong business and technology acumen—able to quickly learn the business and make talent and org decisions which Impact business outcomes
- 6+ years’ experience in a senior HR role advising executives and leadership teams. Preference would be someone who has been working at a senior level and is ready for the next amazing challenge in their career. Strong preference for experience working with leaders in technical organizations.
- Able to comfortably move between strategic issues and day-to-day HR operations
- Strong Organization Design and Development experience
- Proven experience identifying and leading change, and building this capability in others
- Experience building org and talent plans to identify and take action against future talent needs (defining skills needed for the future, succession and development plans, etc.).
- Talent Planning & Development experience
- Ability to influence and lead change working across the organization
- Decision Making & Critical Thinking
- Relationship and stakeholder management
- Broad HR knowledge in key domain areas such as employee relations, compensation, talent development, workforce planning
- Executive Coaching
- Demonstrate a bias for action and subject matter expertise that enables you to be a valuable business partners
- Track record of a dedication to Diversity and Inclusion and a belief that teams with varied strengths and backgrounds bring better business outcomes
- 6+ years experience in an HR Business Partner or equivalent role
- BS/BA in Management, Human Resource, Organizational Development or equivalent
- Experience helping global and/or matrixed organizations scale
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action
Outstanding Candidates Will Have
The ability to drive successful organizational change and help coach leaders and teams to be successful at Change Leadership. This will involve coaching and collaborating with multiple members of the Senior Leadership Team to grow leadership capability at all levels.
We invest in and support our Duos! This role is eligible for a robust compensation package of base salary, equity, and Duolingo’s world-class benefits. The starting base salary range for this role is, $123,000 - $252,000. Actual salary may vary based on level, work experience, performance, and other factors evaluated during the hiring process.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.