Event Marketing Program Manager, Duolingo English Test
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we also offer English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and are bringing new subjects into the Duolingo app, where people can develop their Math and Music skills.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
The Duolingo English Test is an alternative to traditional high-stakes testing — through a Duolingo-style experience: convenient, fast, and affordable. Students interested in studying abroad can certify their English with the Duolingo English Test instead of other standardized tests like the TOEFL and IELTS. We are now accepted by 4,000+ higher education institutions worldwide. Using AI and remote proctoring, we enable students to take the test online, on-demand, anywhere in the world. If you love making a difference in education through technology, this is the place for you.
We are looking for a strategic, resourceful, and analytical leader responsible for the Duolingo English Test's operations function and strategy to help grow our business globally.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement a diverse range of in-person and virtual events, including open houses, conferences, and third-party events.
- Develop and implement event marketing strategies and tactics to drive awareness, attendance, and engagement.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to ensure alignment with overall business objectives and target audiences.
- Manage relationships with contractors, agencies, and other external partners to implement events on time and within budget.
- Continuously evaluate event performance and find opportunities for improvement and optimization.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices, incorporating them into event strategies and tactics as appropriate.
- Ensure brand consistency and compliance across all event marketing materials and communications.
- A bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- 5 years of experience in marketing and project management
- Shown success in planning, coordinating, and implementing in-person and virtual events at scale.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to lead multiple events and priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- A data-driven mentality and experience using metrics to evaluate event performance and inform decision-making.
- Proficiency with virtual event platforms and marketing automation tools
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Experience working with international organizations
- Familiarity with the higher education or study abroad ecosystem
- Working proficiency in more than one language
We invest in and support our Duos! This role is eligible for a robust compensation package of base salary, equity, and Duolingo’s world-class benefits. The starting base salary range for this role is, $73,100 - $140,100. Actual salary may vary based on level, work experience, performance, and other factors evaluated during the hiring process.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.