Head of Talent Acquisition
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we also offer English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and are bringing new subjects into the Duolingo app, where people can develop their Math and Music skills.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
Join us for this incredible opportunity to lead our Talent Acquisition team.
- Power Duolingo’s continued growth by owning end-to-end development and execution of our strategy for attracting exceptional talent
- Manage and grow our team of ~20 recruiters and program managers, further developing the team’s recruiting acumen and building a highly engaged and aligned team
- Refine our core Talent Acquisition metrics and set and achieve ambitious goals over time
- Partner closely with senior executives across the company to define and evolve function-specific recruiting strategy
- Collaborate with cross-functional People leaders including Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging; Compensation & Benefits; People Business Partners; and Talent Brand to shape our integrated People strategy
- Play a leadership role in our company-wide headcount planning and management process
- Ensure that we are constantly responsive to changes in the talent market, learning from industry best practices in recruiting, and innovating on what great looks like at Duolingo
- 15+ years experience leading scaling and scaled global Talent Acquisition teams
- Outstanding people management skills, and proven ability to effectively coach and develop recruiters and recruiting leaders at all levels of their careers
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships as a trusted partner to senior executives
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence people at all levels in the organization
- A “doer” mentality with the ability to translate vision into action, and a strong growth mindset
- Previous experience working in high growth and fast-paced environments
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Impressive Duolingo XP or streak!
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.